Unable to save textures

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Daveyboy1978
Thug

Unable to save textures

Post by Daveyboy1978 »

So, I am just messing around with new textures. I can't for some reason seem to overwrite the original - for instance I have a texture I want to overwrite for the control panel.

So I open up deusexdeco.utx, import my file and save it - no errors or anything come up. I've checked that the file isn't read only. In the texture browser it shows my new texture being there.

When I go out of ued2 and go back into it later, it has reverted back to the original texture. Is there something I have missed or am I doing something wrong, its the same thing I done for my newspaper & book textures and they save fine?
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Re: Unable to save textures

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

So I open up deusexdeco.utx
Where you found it? Or you renamed DeusExDeco.u ?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Yeah, like veronika says: deusexdeco.utx doesn't (or at least, shouldn't) exist.

All the textures for the meshes in deusexdeco are imported along with the meshes themselves (and are for the most part baked onto the models, too), so they're all in a .u file, not a .utx.

This also means you can't add/replace textures in there via the editor: you'd have to recompile that .u package, and for that you'd need to be able to export everything from that package in a recompilable form. Historically this always meant you were screwed, because the meshes couldn't be exported correctly...but you may actually be able to do this now -check veronika's editing pack and see if any of the exporters can handle this.
Daveyboy1978
Thug

Post by Daveyboy1978 »

Ahh right thanks for the info, I'm not really sure how I come about having all those texture files as I'm pretty sure I didn't rename any of the .u files and put them there. Ahh well god knows what I done.

Cheers