Replacing JC's model with an existing model

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Milez
Mole Person

Replacing JC's model with an existing model

Post by Milez »

Hi. I'm wondering if there is a way I can replace JC Denton's model specifically, maybe by making his code call for another model (or choose from the models ingame to use as my singleplayer model)

I'm aware of Unrealistic, but the issue with that is that it makes nearly every weapon in the game 2shot you, which gets in the way of pretending to be a cop or something.

Is there a way to load a different playermodel (ala unrealistic setting it to a mp server, loading your mp model, but still playing sp missions) only without the AI having full explosive weaponry? Perhaps through changing JC's model itself to an existing one (Avoids dealing with unrealistic), or finding a way to call for a multiplayer model on lower difficulties, or if it's simply as possible as loading an unrealistic game, setting the difficulty lower, and avoiding the issue as simple as that.

Thanks in advance.

~DJ~
UNATCO

Re: Replacing JC's model with an existing model

Post by ~DJ~ »

Hm? If I get this right.. this sounds pretty simple..
This might sound complicated but it is infact easy.
Firstly install this just by placing the file on the 'System' folder.
Now here's what's you're gonna do.. normally mutators are only for Multiplayer but you can make them work on singleplayer. To do that, you just have to summon them.
So enable cheats, and type this command:

Code: Select all

summon MMSkinsV01.SkinsMutator
and now you're done, you can now execute commands written on the ReadMe of that mod.

so you'll just have to execute this command now;

mutate skin.police
and you're done.

Hope it helped and that I wasn't too late. :oops:
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Actually it's possible to do it all via the console, like set jcdentonmale mesh deusexcharacters.gm_jumpsuit and then set the skins one for one. However it's painful, and annoying. If the mod ~DJ~ posted above works then that's awesome ^^ If not I could probably code something for you really quickly that executes the console commands I mentioned.

If you are running with Shifter it might be possible to invoke that character selection screen anyways. Not sure.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Milez
Mole Person

Post by Milez »

That mutator works, for the most part. The head textures are a bit strange, and it's missing a lot of really essential skins like the UNATCO trooper, bums, etc.

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Actually it's possible to do it all via the console, like set jcdentonmale mesh deusexcharacters.gm_jumpsuit and then set the skins one for one. However it's painful, and annoying. If the mod ~DJ~ posted above works then that's awesome ^^ If not I could probably code something for you really quickly that executes the console commands I mentioned.

If you are running with Shifter it might be possible to invoke that character selection screen anyways. Not sure.
Either of these would work fine. I think calling the character select screen would probably be the most useful of the two however if you can make it use the models in SP.

What Shifter basically does is it removes multiplayer, but adds a lot of multiplayer models. Unrealistic is more or less a would-be multiplayer mode and it uses whatever multiplayer model you have selected at the time.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Getting the screen to work would probably be more work, but haven't looked at the code so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Maybe ~DJ~ will beat me to it, I have a lot to do.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

Alright, looked at the Mutator's code.. it's.. not that good. I suppose it was made only for Multiplayer and that it already assumes our default textures for UNATCO or NSF, basically TDM.

Okay so forget the Mutator, let's just stick to some very useful command(s).

So here's a video on what to do, please watch this.

Here are the instructions;
1) Firstly, open up Deus Ex and load your save-game.
2) Now, go Half-Screen by pressing 'ALT+ENTER'
3) Enable cheats
4) Summon a character from which you want skin of.. for example, riotcop, so you type:

summon RiotCop
5) Type this command next:

EditActor class=Human
This will open the menu as shown in the video. Keep in mind, for me, it says 'MTLJCDenton', that is because I have DXMTL installed which is a Multiplayer mod, so don't worry about that.. I assume it'll say 'JCDentonMale' for you.
6) Now open up the menu for the character you've just summoned, so you'll type:

EditActor class=RiotCop
7) Now keep both the menus side-by-side and open up the 'Display' sub-menu of both the menus, and copy the following from 'RiotCop' menu:

Mesh
Multiskins
Texture
Skin
and paste it to your 'Human' menu, as in, 'JCDentonMale'.
8 ) Now just close both of the menus, and go Full-screen again by pressing ALT+Enter, and now you're done!
Milez
Mole Person

Post by Milez »

Hm. That does give me an idea. I can probably look up how to edit JC's class file or something and just replace what's in there with the models of another character every time I want to play as someone new. Takes care of the "temporary" issue and is basically functionally identical to Unrealistic.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

wat
Milez
Mole Person

Post by Milez »

Basically, go into the deus ex core files and replace the text for JC's model with that of another one, IE, a riot cop. Since JC's default model then refers to a model I want to play as, it would permanently call for those models and I could just load up a game and go.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

..what's wrong with using the above mentioned method? You'll only have to do it once and can 'save'..?
Milez
Mole Person

Post by Milez »

Actually, that method seems to reset when you load or save. It's perfect otherwise.

What I'm trying to do right now is edit the .uc from here (http://www.offtopicproductions.com/tack ... Class.html) but I can't seem to find out how to open it in Deus Ex Editor (let alone have it appear in mod loader)
Jack90
UNATCO

Post by Jack90 »

while no one wants to think about their belongings being damaged or lost during a move, it's important to understand what level of liability coverage you have and how the claims process works. By documenting everything and following the proper procedures, you can ensure that you receive fair compensation for any damage or loss that may occur. Characters: Car Shipping Rates Corinth
john00
NSF

Post by john00 »

With Coolbreezehq, you can easily organize your work and keep track of tasks, deadlines, and progress. The platform is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy to use for anyone, regardless of their technical expertise. this link
gurubloria
Thug

Post by gurubloria »

Vous pouvez désormais convertir vos vidéos YouTube préférées au design MP3 sur n'importe quel appareil, y compris votre cell phone, tablette ou ordinateur. Promote ce dont vous avez besoin est un convertisseur MP3 fiable et sécurisé comme videoconvertisseur. videoconvertisseur.com
gurubloria
Thug

Post by gurubloria »

DESIGNED WITH THE SAME WINNING INTENT AS OUR MOTORCYCLES, KTM POWERWEAR ALLOWS YOU TO GEAR UP FOR THE EXTREMES AND LIVE READY TO RACE. honda leather motorcycle jacket