Need ALL of clyzms weapons

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Kelkos
UNATCO

Need ALL of clyzms weapons

Post by Kelkos »

Ok, I need ALL of clyzm's weapons. M249s, scoped m4a1s combat knives and much much more, remember I need all of clyzm's modern weapons. Can someone please submit links below.
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Made in China
MJ12

Re: Need ALL of clyzms weapons

Post by Made in China »

Stop.

Literally half of your posts are "I need weapon from mod X" or "I need this code to do this" and we're well into the dozens right now. Instead, download the mod YOURSELF, unpack the .u file, and get the files you need - the mods are generally very small, and you don't need much technical know how in order to open them.

Next time, instead of asking people to do things for you, ask people to teach you how to do stuff on your own.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Exactly. Look at this Kelkos.
I don't mean to be rude, but what the literal fuck.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Ok, fuck me. I'm joining the GMDX team and abandoning any other projects I'm working on.

Also, I needed links, because some don't work.
Last edited by Kelkos on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Made in China wrote:Stop.

Literally half of your posts are "I need weapon from mod X" or "I need this code to do this" and we're well into the dozens right now. Instead, download the mod YOURSELF, unpack the .u file, and get the files you need - the mods are generally very small, and you don't need much technical know how in order to open them.

Next time, instead of asking people to do things for you, ask people to teach you how to do stuff on your own.
Ok, I want links not help.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

What do you need that stuff for anyway? Wasn't he the guy who ripped a bunch of Counter-Strike weapons and then tried to pawn it off to the community as his own work?

Fuck it's been a long time.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

Jonas wrote: Wasn't he the guy who ripped a bunch of Counter-Strike weapons and then tried to pawn it off to the community as his own work?

Fuck it's been a long time.
Not sure if he passed them off as his own, but yes, his mod consisted of many weapon models taken from Counter Strike. I'm assuming Kelkos wants to have those guns in his mod but lacks the coding knowledge to include them properly.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

exec this, exec that, I want those weapons.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Alright, Bob Page.

"I want those c̶o̶m̶p̶o̶n̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ weapons in exactly One Hour."
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Bogie wrote:Alright, Bob Page.

"I want those c̶o̶m̶p̶o̶n̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ weapons in exactly One Hour."
Thank you so much for those weapons, Bogie, you're a real lifesaver. :smile:

Looks like savage's daughter is of no more use. <_<
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Mmm. I love the smell of copyright infringement in the morning.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

At the time way back then, I probably should have realized that the Clyzm models weren't made by him before I started adding them all over DXN.

Then again, I could just replace them with these more non-infringing* ones... but then I'd have to address a whole lot of other issues in the mod, so noooo.

* = Non-infringing, as in, they were certainly made from scratch by the modeller and not stolen from another game or any other source, but it's not like we have the copyright to whatever real-life guns they actually are (or Stargate SG-1 gun in case of that... grey one)
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Ok, I NEED those ported weapons desperately, please submit the links below.

Also, the M249 in DXN was a nice addition, if only the LAG was reduced.
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

Kelkos wrote:Ok, I NEED those ported weapons desperately, please submit the links below.
FastGamerr just above wrote: Then again, I could just replace them with these more non-infringing* ones...
:roll:
FastGamerr wrote:
...but it's not like we have the copyright to whatever real-life guns they actually are (or Stargate SG-1 gun in case of that... grey one
Usually real life weapon designs aren't copyrighted, however they are protected by trademarks and patents, which is why movies and shows tend not to take their name while using replicas of them, and games come up with simplified or fictional names. In any case, I don't think real life guns are a good fit to Deus Ex's world, but a few good designs couldn't hurt of course.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

I , uh want, all of his weapons. It's actually a project to modify various aspects of deus ex, along with clyzms weapons.