TZ's fan mission development

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
daedulas
Thug

TZ's fan mission development

Post by daedulas »

Just starting this thread to document anything I find and to log my progress.

At the moment i'm looking at four missions, one of which might have two maps.
Basically I'm picking up the drug angle that was more prevalent in earlier versions of the DX storyline.

Mission 1
You've met an informant that says he can supply you with the location of a highly automated narcotics production facility.
Thing is though Cartel members are descending on your location and the datacube with the coordinates are in a nearby carpark.

Mission 2 [2 Maps]
After retrieving the coordinates you make your way to facility intending to cripple production, first by accessing the facility through
some ruins that disguise the entrance.

Mission 3
Upon sabotaging the facility you attempt to storm the cartel boss' mansion either for information or revenge.

Mission 4
With the MJ12 connection apparent, you set out to scuttle a large Page owned submersible off the coast that's transporting the narcotics.

I originally expected to do two then I expanded the scope a bit.
Last edited by daedulas on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daedulas
Thug

Re: TZ's fan mission development

Post by daedulas »

Referencing:

I've been looking at some photography of locations, but also some brushed based levels and some not in other games.

Heres a few that I know of the has urban settings thats relevant to DX.

Rainbow Six
Counter-Strike - In its various iterations
Combat Arms
Kingpin Life of Crime
Mirror's Edge

UE1 Based:
Tactical Ops
Infiltration

Quake 3 Based:
Urban Terror
True Combat

UE2 Based:
Rainbow Six Raven Shield
America's Army
The Splinter Cell games
daedulas
Thug

Post by daedulas »

Prior to the mission I outline in the first post I had another mission planned that took place in a corporate building and its lab beneath.
Was playing around in UED this weekend and well I referenced this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLt1b6GJ0FQ&t and this was what I came up with. The old rainbow six games and ghost recon have provided good inspiration as of late.

http://imgur.com/a/Y9HqL

Oh this whole project will probably take longer than I thought with me having to attend to other things.
daedulas
Thug

Post by daedulas »

So apparently I can get around the 256 texture limit by changing in the new DX renderers MaxLogTextureSize 8 to MaxLogTextureSize 12 and ensure S3TC is enabled.
Means I dont have to go through the S3TC process to pair it to a smaller texture, however this means it wont work on the regular DX renderer.
daedulas
Thug

Post by daedulas »

Recently became aware of this http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 90136781/0
which streamlines the modeling pipeline Deus Ex a bit for blender, though I still haven't got it fully working myself.

Also I'm using Blender's inbuilt DXF converter to produce terrain brushes which then have to be scaled by 32? inside of UED. Also been looking at how the GoldSRC fellas do their terrain for ideas for detail.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

I really like those screenshots. One of the most charming parts for me in Deus Ex were the urban locations and, uh, office/bureau type interiors so it's always a pleasure for me to see more of those in Deus Ex.

(Incidentally, I've never really liked those office-type interiors in other games. The ones in F.E.A.R were so annoying that when I attempted to play through the game for the second time, years after I had first beaten it, I got tired of the repetition and didn't go through with the playthrough. Even in DX:HR, which still feels far more like a Deus Ex game to me than IW did, I didn't get the "charm" anywhere. Kuh-razay!)
tommike321
Thug

Post by tommike321 »

The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING Motherboard comes with a wide range of connectivity options and expansion slots, providing ample room for future upgrades and customization. It features four DIMM slots that support up to 64GB of DDR4 memory, providing ample room for multitasking and gaming performance. https://achievegaming.com/best-iem-for-gaming/