E.C. - friend or foe?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

E.C. - friend or foe?

Post by Master_Kale »

For those of you who know who E.C. is, I have a question. Whats the general opinion of him? From what I've observed, most of the members of TNM and HDTP have a bad opinion of him. If this is true, why? I'm sure there's some history between us and E.C., but was it that bad?
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

This post caused the rift between us and him. Before that he would post quite a lot on the Planet Deusex forums, a lot of the time he would cause arguments and NEVER admit he was wrong, even when it was blindingly obvious. Although annoying, it was still entertaining, however in that post he went too far.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Also worthy of note is this thread where it all started. You'll note I did my very best to be nice to Cid and convince him, by means of friendly vibrations, that everybody else was not in fact out to sabotage his project. Most of the things that happened to make me one of Cid's worst enemies took place over MSN.

I believe we have each other blocked from our MSN contact lists now, and Pointman claims El Cid's brain shuts down entirely when he hears my name - which I've always considered a huge compliment.

Cid has the social behaviour of an 8-year-old.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

looks like we have yet another troll in this earth :roll:
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Jazz
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Jazz »

FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE FOE

By the way, did I mention E.C. is a f*&@ing foe?
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

No real idea about who you're talking about, just read "I don't like the skins of Gunther or Bob Page". The first Page skin was a bit odd, he was too young and athletic (which he was when in the illuminati perhaps), but that was toned down I think. Hermann looks different (that's for sure), straying from the original vision a bit but in a good way I think. He looks like a real person, almost like death (soulless), where before he looked like a cyborg bodybuilder terminator guy. I think he was meant to inspire pity in the game, this new skin will add to that.

If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to use it....I don't see any constructive critisism given there, so it's not a helpful opinion to say, but fine. Everyone else can't wait for a HDTP release, so just ignore him. My constructive critisim is this, make the installer like the DX2 Retexturing installer, where you could "turn off" certain new models and keep the old ones....if someone has a bad opinion of a model, they can suggest better ideas or just turn it off.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

justanotherfan wrote:Everyone else can't wait for a HDTP release, so just ignore him.
My advice to you is to not give us any advice about how to deal with El Cid when you don't even know who he is. El Cid has been making it really impossible for us to ignore him.

But now he seems to have fucked off from all our forums, so hopefully our blood preasures will never again be raised to fatal levels by his idiotic spewings of verbal feces.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

a few of his exploits include telling everyone he knows traht TNM is bad and that they should never associate with us. Because we're the devil's magic or some BS like that. He's quite the piece of work I must say...
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I always felt it was more of a case of "yeah, we can ignore him, but tard-poking is its own reward sometimes"...

I honestly thought he might calm down. We all tried reason, or at least I'm fairly sure most of us did...but hey, apparently I'm the scourge of 10,000 PDX members, so what do I know?

Let's be perfectly honest: if you really wanted to hit him where it hurts, reskin Nicolette, and make her MING.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

DDL wrote:MING.
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is MING?
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I believe it's english slang meaning something along the lines of extremely unattractive.

Master_Kale you seem (not just here but in at least one other post on PDX) to be concerned about being associated with him having discovered the generally low opinion of him in the community. I should point out that no one thinks less of you for associating with him.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

that guy wrote:I believe it's english slang meaning something along the lines of extremely unattractive.

Master_Kale you seem (not just here but in at least one other post on PDX) to be concerned about being associated with him having discovered the generally low opinion of him in the community. I should point out that no one thinks less of you for associating with him.
I've had my rough times with E.C., and it wasn't easy getting him to understand that I didn't want to work on the mod anymore, so I have an inkling of what you guys have gone through with him.

I think I have been a little wary with showing association with him. Thanks for your support, That Guy; I never really thought you guys thought any less of me, but being associated with "the enemy" made me feel a little vulnerable, and I just wanted to set the record straight.

I started this thread primarily because I knew their was some friction between TNM and HDTP, and E.C. . Now, I know where it all came from.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

E.C. sounds like a friggn sicko! what kind of DX mod would feature Nicolette talking about her sex life anyway! Weirdo..

"you're not seeing this thread is ONLY for recruitment and not for your comments"

---Dickhead!

You guys were right to suggest that he should've presented a Design Doc. Thats the right way of doing projects.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

That reminds me. Did you guys ever get a Design Doc for his idea??
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

lol, HDTP has no design doc, it has a huge list of the things that need doing divided into prioritized groups. It's really all that's needed.

TNM has a design doc though.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine