Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leaked Gameplay

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

gamer0004
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leaked Gameplay

Post by gamer0004 »

Some parts were as bad as I feared they would be and some parts surprised me. Being able to interact with any small item (like boxes) is great; however the gameplay reminded me more of Batman: AA than Deus Ex (which was also what I was afraid of). It seems to me that DXHR will be more about looking for the right route to be able to do as many special attacks as possible (since AJ will die after being hit by just 4 or 5 bullets), just like B:AA, rather than using your items and weapons and any other object you happen to have at hand (small crates, augs, hiding places &c.) to achieve your goal.
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

It's terrible. The art style looks like Mirrors Edge had a demon child. The RPG elements feel way too much like Bioshock. The stealth looks more like some variation of Metal Gear Solid. (Only played rainbow's demo) I'm not upset about the part he uses the Icarus landing system and the claymore augmentation to take down 5 guys at once, however the double take down was ridicules. In Deus Ex when too guys are standing next to each other like that it should be hard to take them out, not easy.

The only good thing I really can say about it is the First Person Conversation was everything they said it would be. I sure hope that the game looks better seeing as it was shot from a camera inside a box.
Blaze
Mole Person

Post by Blaze »

Thanks for the upload SlySpy!

-----
It seems it's my first post here (after years of lurking), so hi all!
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Oh and one more thing. What's the deal with the cutscenes?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Dead-eye wrote:Oh and one more thing. What's the deal with the cutscenes?
Game development '10
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Jaedar wrote: Angry Joe stands for everything that is wrong with the games industry.
Well he comes off more as a "late comer" to video gaming and its pretty obvious given he mainly refers to only console games, and he has the attention span of a ADHD 4 year old. On the plus side at least the Civ5 guys convinced him to play something turnbased.. SHOCK HORROR! sounds like Bethesda were full of shit when they said Turn Base was obsolete- since we've got console players actually interested in it for a change. And FYI Revolutions sucked, thank god Sid came back to us and started talking sense again.

I also think Joe was Way way way off with Xcom, most of his comments came off as simply "OMFG YOU KNOW WHAT'D BE AWESOME" rather than actual facts. Spoony was more my frame of mind.. BETRAYAL!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!! 1950s... FPS... IT MIGHT AS WELL BE BIOSHOCK 4! (and funnily it looks very bioshock too.)

Yeah Xcom is pissing me off way more than Deus Ex 3.. at least Deus Ex 3 has some elements from the first two games- Xcom however... TOTALLY missed the point. Could the game be any less Xcom?! dunno. I'm also extremely worried about the new Syndicate game- it could go soo horribly wrong.
Angel-A
UNATCO

Post by Angel-A »

The main thing that's bothering me is the music. It just doesn't sound DX-y.

I really, really, really, really, really, really like the way third/first person shifts are going.
Taskeen
Thug

Post by Taskeen »

The download doesn't seem to work anymore.
Angel-A
UNATCO

Leakage re-upload

Post by Angel-A »

Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

I just finished watching it and all I can say is - it doesn't look bad - it looks great. It doesn't look like it will be a worthy successor to DX (it is far to flashy and new age) - but it looks like it is going to be a great game on its own. There is definitely influence from the first DX as I can see - I like the size of the level shown (it was huge), and the augmentations look great too. However the stealth looks only passable and not very engaging (all duck and cover) and I find the constant flip between 3rd and 1st person view as distracting as I do in any game - that being said the stealth still looks functional. I am not a big fan of the cinematic special take downs - I feel like they might make the game very easy. But I still think it will be tons of fun to play through.

I also like the way the computer systems look and I really didn't mind the art direction (once I got over the fact that it is not actually a Deus Ex game) - I am not hard to please if the game is fun to play I will enjoy it. I like cyberpunk settings (no matter the presentation) - I even got enjoyment out of IW (again once I got over the fact that it isn't DX).

At this time I don't think it would be right to complain that a third game is being made - I find it kind of funny actually. I mean there are plenty of other franchises that were far more successful than DX that are going to get reboots any time soon.
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Just saw the vids (thanks SlySpy and Angel-A) and I must say I am not very convinced it will be a Deus Ex-ish game. I am not really digging these 'finishing moves', they look cool but it looks like there's a "magic button to kill human opponents by weird move in cutscene", almost as if it were a Quicktime event.

If I ignore for a moment that it says "Deus Ex" on the box, it may still be a fun game to play.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

my reaction was "hmm.. well this is looking actually pretty ok" then he gets to the bar "alright its looking pretty good at this point, not sure I liked the flinching animation from earlier though, still its looking pretty deus ex like" and then I was like "shit.. your third person gears of war clone got in my FPSRPG again" and then I was like "shit.. your Assasin's Creed take downs got in my game too" and then lastly "God damn it! your boss battles from Crysis got in here.. what the fuck.." So very quickly it turned from "this could be pretty damn close to Deus Ex" to "What the fuck is this?!"- simply I think the developers were trying to develop a Deus Ex game originally, but then half way they decided to put all the gimmicky crap that we all hate about today's games. Well at least half the game looked ok lol.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

I didn't get to see it but I perfer it that way, I'd rather be suprised and play a "fresh" game rather than preview it before I do before hand.

I seen multiple comments stating the gameplay is exactly like the first so we could be in for a classic game!
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Undisputed wrote:I seen multiple comments stating the gameplay is exactly like the first
Where?
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=45765

Sorry, I should of specified where I seen it to avoid confusion...Silly me #-o