Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:How's exploration treated? Restricted or not?

I might avoid this thread til August, not because of potential spoilers, but because I already want to play it...in full. :D
It's fairly unrestricted once the game gets going but the first 2 hours or so are quite linear. The hub is completely open once you get to it and the only really annoying thing with it is that its more or less separated into two parts(no doubt so consoles can run the game) and going between them is an exercise in frustration(lets spend 30 seconds running down a bland corridor).
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Cheers, oh yeah, Anachronox cured me of wanting to run down corridors for more than 10 seconds. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Did anyone find a way to get to the backalley behind the police station. I've got two sidequest goals down there and the only way in is through an electrified corridor.
Move the dumpsters to the fence, and jump over. (you'll need strength aug upgraded to do this).
Alternatively you can get the environmental upgrades to stop electrocution damage.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:
Did anyone find a way to get to the backalley behind the police station. I've got two sidequest goals down there and the only way in is through an electrified corridor.
Move the dumpsters to the fence, and jump over. (you'll need strength aug upgraded to do this).
Alternatively you can get the environmental upgrades to stop electrocution damage.
you can also:

use the sewers
jump over the gate with the jump aug
stack stuff to jump over the gate
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

bobby 55 wrote:Cheers, oh yeah, Anachronox cured me of wanting to run down corridors for more than 10 seconds. :P
Oh, the endless walking. And that last outdoorish level with RPG enemy fights every single tile forward...cool game though, yeah?

set deusexiii.ajdentontransgendered energy 999999999 && addaug augspeed && F7
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

justanotherfan wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Cheers, oh yeah, Anachronox cured me of wanting to run down corridors for more than 10 seconds. :P
Oh, the endless walking. And that last outdoorish level with RPG enemy fights every single tile forward...cool game though, yeah?

set deusexiii.ajdentontransgendered energy 999999999 && addaug augspeed && F7
Absolutely. It had everything you'd want in a game, and the humour, madcap at times, was one of it's best features.

Sorry guys, carry on DX-ing.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

JC_Helios wrote:
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:
you can also:

use the sewers
Of course the simplest solution is: find the two boxes right by the door to the electro-water and use them as stepping stones to move forward.
odio ergo sum
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, I should try it I guess, but I still have so much unfinished games already :(.

Anyways, no one mentioned it yet; How does DX:HR rate compared to AP?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Jaedar wrote:
JC_Helios wrote:
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:
you can also:

use the sewers
Of course the simplest solution is: find the two boxes right by the door to the electro-water and use them as stepping stones to move forward.
I ended up doing the stepping stones technique. I haven't got the strength upgrade or jump upgrades so I couldn't jump the fence else I would have tried that. I haven't been in the sewers yet, so I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks Guys.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Anyways, no one mentioned it yet; How does DX:HR rate compared to AP?
AP doesn't even compare to DX:HR. But if you liked AP, then you should, by all means, love DX:HR.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

VectorM wrote:
Hassat Hunter wrote:Anyways, no one mentioned it yet; How does DX:HR rate compared to AP?
AP doesn't even compare to DX:HR. But if you liked AP, then you should, by all means, love DX:HR.
AP certainly compares to HR. It wins some categories even. But I will agree that in general HR>AP. I'd say VtM:B is the best paralell for HR(that I can think of right now).
odio ergo sum
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Sounds good then.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Kind of off topic, but did Eidos ever give any solid reason as to why the majority of topic about the actual game get added to a single topic. I mean it isn't the off topic productions forum over there. You can't just derail a topic with a single inane comment. I mean if you try and talk about something else they're just going to keep talking about the current topic and bury your post in no time. it's almost as if they want to bury activity, isolate it to one topic, and also isolate what can be talked about.

Just curious if someone can explain the strategy of it? I don't get it from a marketing, PR, or business standpoint.

And of course, yes I made a topic which suffered this fate because why else would I even care? lol

The topic got added to the Hive topic right here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.p ... count=1954
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

Simple. They once said they want to "wear blinders to not have to listen to fans". That's exactly what they do there. Only problem is that if you go past the fans of your franchise you end up pissing them off (like me for example). Happened lots of times in the past and will most probably continue to happen with future franchises.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Actually, its due to legal issues. EM doesn't want to in any way validate people trying the leak so it gets lobbed in their off-topic thread(they have a thread instead of a forum for that). That way they can let people talk about it without actually endorsing it.

Yes its stupid but that is how it is.
odio ergo sum