Project 2027 - News?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Amakir
NSF

Re: Project 2027 - News?

Post by Amakir »

I tried Jonas, they do not have the key.
"There is a door, you will be required to get through it. If you cannot think of at least three ways to do that, perhaps Deus Ex is not the game for you. - chris the cynic
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

It is not those two scientists, you need to go back to the starting floor and go through one of the unlocked sliding door areas. the nano key will be on a scientist's desk.

I'm pretty pissed right now. I don't know what the mod did but my version of the ENB series is now not working, as it has been overridden by his, which is actually too bright and toned down. Even when I try to delete the new .dll it is being looked for. Grrr. I'm gonna have to spend minutes trying to resolve this.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Neveos wrote:It is not those two scientists, you need to go back to the starting floor and go through one of the unlocked sliding door areas. the nano key will be on a scientist's desk.

I'm pretty pissed right now. I don't know what the mod did but my version of the ENB series is now not working, as it has been overridden by his, which is actually too bright and toned down. Even when I try to delete the new .dll it is being looked for. Grrr. I'm gonna have to spend minutes trying to resolve this.
Thanks. BTW, you could just get the version of ENB you had and overwrite that 2027 version. Shouldn't screw anything up if its just a modified ENB with no new files.

Edit: I have walked around this place many times and can't find where you mean, where exactly is it? Searched all over the place.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

nerdenstein wrote:@Dragon What did you mean 'you end up at a random place on the map'? :?
Imagine this. You are in front of the weapon shop. I knocked out the cops as I robbed the store. So I walk out towards the plaza. There I decide to quick-save. Now I quick-load. I'm now standing a couple of meters away from the weapon shop instead with a commando right behind me gunning me down. So with other words upon quick-loading I did not only spawn at a different location than I saved it's also a commando spawned which didn't exist when I saved (I repeated this bug and before saving ensured there is nobody in the ally). It does seem to happen around this ally/plaza area as in other areas quick-loading spawns you where you saved. Got killed a bunch of times until I realized this bug and managed to circumvent it.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Oh, fair enough. Didn't notice that but I never quick save so maybe it's an issue with that.

@whoever can't find the key:
Forom the starting elevator, go right to the small break room and find the daracube on a table in there. It gives you an elevator code. Then go out and straight across the hall to the room opposite. Take a left and up the stairs. You'll come to a room with two doors, go through the one on the right (left one is locked) and... this is where it gets fussy for me. I think one room is a conference room and the other way will lead you to an elevator. Use the code and take it. You'll come to a weird chamber. Go around it (either way they both go to the same place) and you'll enter a medlab. The key is on the corner of one of the tables.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

nerdenstein wrote:Oh, fair enough. Didn't notice that but I never quick save so maybe it's an issue with that.

Forom the starting elevator, go right to the small break room and find the daracube on a table in there. It gives you an elevator code. Then go out and straight across the hall to the room opposite. Take a left and up the stairs. You'll come to a room with two doors, go through the one on the right (left one is locked) and... this is where it gets fussy for me. I think one room is a conference room and the other way will lead you to an elevator. Use the code and take it. You'll come to a weird chamber. Go around it (either way they both go to the same place) and you'll enter a medlab. The key is on the corner of one of the tables.
Is that the elevator with the commando patrolling beside it? I tried the elevator and the buttons just open the door for me, it doesn't do anything. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

Morpheus wrote:
nerdenstein wrote:Oh, fair enough. Didn't notice that but I never quick save so maybe it's an issue with that.

Is that the elevator with the commando patrolling beside it? I tried the elevator and the buttons just open the door for me, it doesn't do anything. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
The trick is that the elevator does not go up but down. So you are in the up position and thus if you press up the doors open. Press down and you'll get to the lab.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Dragon wrote:
Morpheus wrote:

The trick is that the elevator does not go up but down. So you are in the up position and thus if you press up the doors open. Press down and you'll get to the lab.
Nope actually. Found out it was because I didn't wait long enough until the doors closed fully when pressing the down/up button and both just opened the door.

So far at Paris and no idea whats going on past the apartment. I accidently equipped a biocell and everyone turned hostile and shot at me. You don't really know where everything is, or how to find things such as finding credits for the club

but so far my opinion is (Using DX10 Render):

Needs Fixing:

1) Personal Computer Terminals need sprite removed from them that you can see - Washington (Where you begin)
2) Augmentation screen needs fixing to remove the black - or could that be due to DX10 render? (Never happened on other games using DX10 render though)

Like:

1) Skills Screen has nice touches and changes
2) How the screen dims when using text devices (Datacubes, Newspapers, notes etc...) and things like that
3) Slight change to the keypads (the numbers with letters below them like a telephone dial)
4) Sticky notes (those notes pinned around places) are a nice touch
5) Maps look good from what I can see so far, like music too

Dislike (or could use improving):

1) Not always easy to find your way around
2) First person when talking to someone, the HUD Text is too big, needs to be made smaller
3) IFF HUD needs the colors back to tell if someone is hostile, neutral or friendly towards you. Annoying not knowing.
4) How fast infolinks end when they get to the end, usually they end after a few seconds after "end transmission" not almost instantly.

Everything else:

1) Didn't get when one of the MJ12 troops at the start says "Weapons Ready" in the first map
2) English is quite good, didn't have trouble figuring it out, just some things don't come out quite right gramatically I think and a few spelling mistakes.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

nerdenstein wrote:No one explains where anything is in it! It's fustrating. I don't know what I'm doing half the time.
For example; The Gun Dealer, Eric who asks you too do something to the other Gun seller near by... well where is the other gun seller?
Yeah this is kind of my problem. I'm beginning to learn the second map (Paris) well enough to get a few of the missions done, but just still basically wandering around. The game does point you where you need to be very well through the conversations and such. The problem is it doesn't quite tell you how to get there. Doesn't help when I'm having to duck massive numbers of the MJ12 mugging squad either. Don't mind that part, just hard to do when you don't know what you're supposed to be doing. I'm sure a good walk through will be appreciated once that figuring out is done.

As for this mission, in case you haven't already solved it. You look for a place down as far as you can get (stairs-wise) that has La Armee as a sign above it. It will be in a dead-end corner. It really isn't that far away from your other guy, so just search the area. This is where Christophe will eventually be found too, so you will have to locate it. The safe is easy to break into with a knife, but the door will need lock picked. There is a security camera in there so if you happen to get spotted by it you'll have the police and MJ12 down on you. In that case, just break all the cases and grab weapons (or load from a previous save and try again).
Also, I'm currently just legging it from bots because I've got nothing to take them down with to get into the Police Station...
The only thing I found was that the gun dealer will give you some shotgun rounds that will take out bots as a reward for the above mission. But that's very light ammo still for your health and for the number of bots if you want to start taking them out.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Dragon wrote:it's also a commando spawned which didn't exist when I saved (I repeated this bug and before saving ensured there is nobody in the ally). It does seem to happen around this ally/plaza area as in other areas quick-loading spawns you where you saved. Got killed a bunch of times until I realized this bug and managed to circumvent it.
I gather from what I'm seeing is that it's actually proper functionality. The idea from some of the infolink messages that I get is that MJ12 tends out a team to check out things when you set off an alarm. The idea is supposed to be that if you go off the map for some reason they show up. This functionality doesn't seem to be aware of save/loading.

Just what I'm observing...
DimaS
Mole Person

Post by DimaS »

ggrotz wrote:You look for a place down as far as you can get (stairs-wise) that has La Armee as a sign above it. It will be in a dead-end corner. It really isn't that far away from your other guy, so just search the area. This is where Christophe will eventually be found too, so you will have to locate it. The safe is easy to break into with a knife, but the door will need lock picked. There is a security camera in there so if you happen to get spotted by it you'll have the police and MJ12 down on you. In that case, just break all the cases and grab weapons (or load from a previous save and try again).
I found the easy way
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Finished and got presented with 2 of the 3 endings ( http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17602 indicates the third I'm not aware of, but I loaded up the ending maps and found the third I didn't do involves thermonuclear annihilation, so I'm interested to see how to get there. I also found an airstrike cutscene I didn't see in playing so I wonder about it.)

1. Well done map making, especially the Paris and Moscow maps. Realistic and artistic layout without looking forced. Coupled with the graphics, they are by and far the most visually pleasing maps out there right now.
2. More realistic/impressive sound effects. Makes the battles and the environments come alive.
3. Graphics are impressive. Especially the weapons and the GEP/LAM explosions. Don't know about new textures or how much New Vision plays into this, but by and far very impressive.
4. Certain UI changes are very welcome. The body looting system is a great improvement but needs a few tweaks.
5. The environment changes are very well done. I don't know how much of it was borrowed from TNM, but the most impressive moment is to see Moscow go from night and a thunderstorm to daytime and snow, showing how impressive the graphics work was on this mod.

Dislikes:
1. The game doesn't do a good job at all of directing where you need to go. It gives good enough cues about how to know you are there, but offers no help in how to get there. The other maps are not as bad, but Paris and Moscow were particularly annoying in wandering around to find out where you need to go. It wouldn't have hurt to throw in a "so you won't get too lost, here's a map of the area" somewhere, especially since you are under constant threat a majority of the time. Or in the case of a later map, have Titan point you where you need to go.
2. The game doesn't do a good job of directing your goals in a clear fashion. It is especially hard if you save a game and come back and try to figure out where you are in the story line and what your next task is. This is especially true since it only highlights overarching major goals in your HUD. I spent a lot of time going back and reading through notes and conversation logs to try and figure out what "do this" entailed. I also had to have a good memory in some cases, too, of what I had done. I know this is partly due to the language issues that were there of going Russian to English.
(1 and 2 are greatly illustrated in Deus Ex itself or TNM, both of which bread crumb what you need to do exceedingly well and tell it in a clear fashion)
3. A manual is desperately needed to describe several of the new points of the mod (skills changes, perks, the new items, for example). The language issue I'm sure is in play here, as well.
4. Game play is a bit too linear at points due to inventory issues. There were a few places where a particular item was required to continue but was in short supply and could only be found by poking into the deepest darkest corners of maps. Part of this could be that I didn't find as much ammo/weapons/credits as I could have, but coupled with #1 it's annoying to be running from bots all the time with no way to deal with them. For one mission, you have to blow up bots, and without the "retrieve ammo" perk or whatever it was giving me GEP rounds, I'm not sure where I would have found the ammo otherwise. Granted, this only occurred from the beginning out to about the middle of Moscow, so it could be polished up.
5. The story line left something to be desired. This really isn't much of a complaint given that no one really has come up with an enthralling story line and did everything else to serve that story line, but this one is pretty much paint-by-numbers. It also has a number of inconsistencies with the DX storyline (for being a prequel, like MJ12 commandos walking around with Obsidian armor with flamethrowers, given that there were references to it being "new" in DX proper that I'm sure someone like Chris Cynic will point out soon enough. Positive is that I gathered things will change later on given what choices you make, but those are hard to see when they come (from playing with maps and getting the game to the end, I learned I missed two or three of these plot point changes in addition to one of the endings - for example Xander's helicopter crash)

That said, I definitely think this one definitely belongs in the conversation with Zodiac, TNM, Redsun, Hotel Carone, and the like as one worth looking at.

Edit: Okay, I found the third ending, the branch to determine 2 of the endings is at about the middle of the game. The language isn't too clear that it forces you down a certain path in the rest of the game.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Just completed it, and got all three endings.

One thing I didn't much like is besides with WIB/MIB the difference between unconscious and killed is none. Really frustrated me when Magnus kept wanting to kill me because I "butchered" him in the first mission, when all I did was his him with a baton/prod.

I liked the ending with Magnus regarding Anna, when I first saw him in machine form I couldn't help thinking "Gunther is that you?", only problem is I avoided killing him the two times he confronts you and got no ending for him, I decided to kill him while replaying Vlad's ending (since he was right there) and that's how I found out he has one.

Also the Consequences are rather severe at points. Knock out a cop in complete solitude and silence= whole city wants you dead

Lockpick a chest while completely hidden in a bandit hideout= All of them becoming hostile and remaining hostile when you return later.

Story was pretty good, I liked the different paths of how to get certain areas, the extra map if you choose a different escape route, etc. Could have used some more HUB type stuff though.... even in the HUBS it was pretty much just another mission/combat zone.

Endings were okay, still A little confused about Vlad's ending and the last line about teamwork and drinking which makes no sense.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I've not read the spoilers so forgive me if this is a stupid question or kinda mentioned in them. Is the confusing parts down to the translation or just the way it's designed? Aparently it's not too bad a mod from what you guys have been saying.

In other news, Norton 360 views the downloaded exe as threat, because not a lot of users have downloaded it. :roll:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The really confusing part is that every time you get directions, it's with reference to a street name and house number, but the street signs are all in Russian :lol:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine