Deus Ex : Revision

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Deus Ex : Revision

Post by DaveW »

I stumbled upon this on Youtube, I couldn't find a thread here about it so I figured I'd post it - because it looks bloody awesome. Only downside is it changes a lot of the texture usage, but the concept and execution looks brilliant. Check it out here.
The website for it is here.

The guy's heard of the New Vision mod so he might go here. If you do, make yourself known! 8)
Last edited by DaveW on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Interesting, I'd like to play through DX again but with a twist :)
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Yes, interesting. Seems to be pretty advanced but he/she is doing it alone so it might be better to wait how it turns out before getting too excited about a new mod. I wish him all the best for this project! Btw: The homepage looks horrible to me.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

fox wrote: Btw: The homepage looks horrible to me.
Homepage? The links Snipa posted both point at the youtube video, do you have a link?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Oops, my mistake. Fixed it.
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

Somethings wrong with his html. It looks borked in either IE7 or Firefox.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Yeah, it's doing that wonderful CSS thing where text can overlap itself so I can't read anything. "content="Web Page Maker V2" indeed. Looking at badly generated HTML source makes me sad. I can clean the redundancy up, but I don't know if I could fix it.

The mod, that makes me happy.

Dude's heard of New Vision, maybe he lurks here. Not sure what this would take to be DXR compatible. Lots of map conversions, but I don't know how hard that is. Looks awesome, but a shorter video might get the point across better. Linking the mod from the youtube page would be helpful, as would a better quality trailer. Hosting the game's original music may be a bad idea, not sure, copyright etc.
Vavrek
UNATCO

Post by Vavrek »

I stand by one comment:

lol Ton's Hotel.
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

It's supposed to be a rundown Hilton hotel. Looks better this way, but the name Ton's Hotel doesn't quite do it for me.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Boo! he stole my subname. I might just go and change mine then. :P
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I think this is just as DXR compatible as the original Deus Ex maps, as it's "just" bigger maps. So whatever process DXR uses to make the maps UT2K4 compatible should be done again for these maps (I hope it's some automated process :P).

The website is indeed :(, I now have one new application I will never use to create a website :P

Interestingly, the website mentions 2008 3/4, which I assume to be 'fall 2008' to be the intended release date, so just over a year of waiting, we all got used to that anyway ;)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Are you kidding!? How could you be used to only waiting for a year!? When was the last time a DX mod was created in less than three years? :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I am going to assume that development on DX: Revision began 5 years ago, and he is still working on it, on his own. THAT's what I call dedication :P
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

for what ? :o
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well it seems a lot of his content is taken from other mods, so it's quite possible it won't take him too long to finish his project.

I do hope he credits everybody he took stuff from. Unless of course I am mistaken.

Also I think his stuff looks very interesting, but in my opinion he should reevaluate his texture use :lol:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine