New Vehicles for Deus Ex

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Deadalus08
Thug

New Vehicles for Deus Ex

Post by Deadalus08 »

Image Image

My second mod I'll be advertising here is my VEHICLE Mod.

It does not allow you to drive in DX (yet), but provides a great set of cars and tanks for mappers to use in their maps.

Gallery, description and download are available at my webpage.

You can take a look at the gallery here

To see some descriptions and to download the mod, go here

Some replies would be nice...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Deadalus, we may be interested in incorporating your vehicles in TNM, as we have many a parking space but only 2 proper car models plus the black van. I need to know this though, and you must answer me honestly or I will be pissed if I find out later you weren't being truthful: Did you model and texture those cars yourself or did you grab them from a site where they were given away for free?

Because if these were made by somebody else and you just imported them, we need that person's permission. And if you bought them online and are now "giving" them away for free, we simply can't use them.

Looking good, btw.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Deadalus08
Thug

Post by Deadalus08 »

I need to know this though, and you must answer me honestly or I will be pissed if I find out later you weren't being truthful: Did you model and texture those cars yourself or did you grab them from a site where they were given away for free?
I'll be honest then: These are part of a commercial product - TRAFFIC - Pretextured Low Poly Vehicles, by Marlin Studios.

I'm not allowed to sell them, and I am not doing that. I mentioned this aspect in my readme file.

Here's and extract of the product license:
Additionally, you may incorporate the models, as defined above, into your own software developments (“Your Software Developments”).
For game developers, the models must be made part of the code or the file extensions must be changed to a non-recognizable graphic format.
I'll be straight: You are free to use these models, but I think you should give credit to Marlin studios as well.
However if you don't feel comfortable about it...well you can still use the tanks and the UT models, which are not part of that model set.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I thought I had seen these before :)

But it's still going to be interesting I hope.
WildcatPhoenix
UNATCO

Post by WildcatPhoenix »

I do wanna let you guys know that Deadalus08 was kind enough to let us use the tank model for the MIB mod. We too were interested in the cars, but I don't see any reason for us not to share these.

Unless you guys really want this to be a unique aspect of TNM. We haven't used any of the cars yet, so I'll let TNM have them if this is the case.

But if so, then we've got dibs on the tank. ;)

-Wildcat
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hahah nah that would make us assholes. We don't mind sharing.

Trestkon is looking into the legal stuff now.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine