Deus Ex : New Vi...I mean Order

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

rofl.

You can do it little man!!!

edit:

Photorealism in Unreal 1.0 and rendering on the fly...

edit:

OK I see how he's going to do it he'll redo all the textures, take the maps out of unreal put them in blender then make post renders of them. Then turn DX into a point a click game. It will be like Myst.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

The source models for the characters are downloadable somewhere on these forums, so if he downloaded them and put them in-game, I don't care about the rest actually :P
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Then turn DX into a point a click game. It will be like Myst.
*Ignores the fact that Neuromancer is pre-rendered sprites :D*

:-$
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

I see there some new scrrenshots. This time the HUD is normal.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

The goal of the community at present is to "upgrade" the entire game to 2005 standards therefore increasing the quality. New Order doesn't follow this scope instead is working against this in that its staying DX 1.5 and that its only painting over the top of everything just making it look different. The whole idea of this collaboration is to "improve" Deus Ex.. not make it look different, but make it look like a Better version of its original form.

Deus Ex 2.0 proposition

Meanwhile I think I want to put forward an idea I've been having. We need to really give our collaboration a Name and Identity. So I came to the conclusion that we should call the new collaboration "Deus Ex Version 2.0" because we've basically changed everything except for the GUI (Music is being worked on by DX:R, the Engine is brand new, the Graphics are all original (or will be) and I don't know but I think DX:R said they might try SFX at some point.) So basically I think its fitting to push it to the next Version number and create an identity. (DX2.0 would be our logo :D not to be confused with Iwar because we call that DXIW not DX2.) I think its important to do this now that we've got a few clones starting up. (for starters Deus Ex: Source was around but that died and most of the team joined DX:R so we need to establish that DX:S is not related to the collaboration because their ModDB profile still says active.) and then there is DX:NO which isn't apart of the collaboration yet either. So yeah I think branding would be a great idea and definitely show the public that yes we're all working as one big happy team. (assuming you show the badge with pride :D).

It's not to exclude anyone rather to actually include them by giving them an offical brand to show who they are working with. Plus do I need to mention that all of our work has modding potential (that is to basically make a Mod of a Mod :D) so that's why I think its necessary to come up with this branding. New Order is more than welcome to join assuming they are prepared to accept the goal of improving Deus Ex instead of just painting over it.

I just think its important to identify those who are working towards the same goal and those who aren't so that people don't get confused with what is what.

good idea or bad? (plus calling it version 2.0 avoids any additional Sub names because we've already got to damn many :D ie. DX:R DX:NV DX:HDTP DX:NO DX:ect.)

Just keep in mind each mod will still be the way it is separate from each other, only it'll have a common badge on each site showing that each mod is apart for this effort. I've had this idea for ages and now seems more than a better time to tell everyone.

Plus it also means that potential modders of our work can instead of calling it "Oh I used DX:R, NV and HDTP in this Mod" they can say "I used DX2.0".

It's not really a big deal, it just means I make up a badge for everyone to put on their Affiliates section and possibly make a portal site that explains the mission statement of the community as well as the mods and people associated with this collaboration.

So I'll end with Deus Ex 2.0 ftw. :D If you think its lame meh just means less work for me :D and if you think its good then w00t I'm not teh crazy after all :D. Also I had this idea like 6 months ago but now is a better time than ever to put it forward. Because at the moment our collaboration doesn't have a name :D. (and Deus Ex Collaboration sounds kinda lame) The great thing is that we can now put a version number 2.0 into the game which I think is necessary.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Well, the main problem is that DX:R is completely and utterly different from NV or HDTP. It's a new ENGINE.

You either use DX:R or you don't. Things are either made for DX:R or they're not. Nothing will be "useable in DX:R or original DX". It uses different animation schemes, different models (though I assume they'll be largely using HDTP stuffs where available, so DX:R will be HDTP-implicit), different texture formats (again, I assume they'll largely be using your NV stuffs where available, thus DX:R will also be NV-implicit).

So really, DX2.0 might as well just be DX:R, since that's the big change.

Don't get me wrong: your stuff is great, but it's an add on for an existing game. DX:R will essentially be an entirely new game that just happens to be copied as exactly as possible from an existing game.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

It sounds like a web ring.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

NV and HDTP independently will work with DX1.

DX:R has a lot of features that are exclusive to the UT2004 engine which me and snipa have discussed before. They look very promising indeed. So the collaboration idea which is DX2.0 is to basically move towards making use of DX:R's technology (which is what we wanted to do anyway).

You "should" be able to use NV and HDTP with DX1.

I suspect that we'll eventually move to DX:R once the engine is released in January 2008 so that we can begin work on both engines. So this opens up new possibilities and also strengthens this goal of ultimately porting Dues Ex to Next-Gen technology. So version 2.0 would refer to the fact that this is a new generation of Deus Ex technology. NV and HDTP will need to be worked on slightly so that they can be made to use UT2004's awesome texture and shader technologies. Thats why I think its essential to make DX2.0 and official collaboration of our mods. But as I've said independently HDTP and NV will work with DX1 still.

But as I've said, we've basically remade the entire game once all 3 mods are finished and that is why I find the need for this brand because it basically states "this is our goal. To get all of these projects finished and working together and to build a better Deus Ex experience".

Plus I don't see Eidos making it :P
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

DDL wrote:You either use DX:R or you don't. Things are either made for DX:R or they're not. Nothing will be "useable in DX:R or original DX". It uses different animation schemes, different models (though I assume they'll be largely using HDTP stuffs where available, so DX:R will be HDTP-implicit), different texture formats (again, I assume they'll largely be using your NV stuffs where available, thus DX:R will also be NV-implicit).
Yes, NV will. The proposed plan will be for a tool that resets texure scales in the original maps, so the user can use the same texture files in DX:R as in DX.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Deus Ex 2.0 is dumb. The community doesn't need anything extra.
Well, except animators.
>_>
<_<
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I think it sets the work we're doing in concrete, makes it absolute and unchallengeable.

And last time I checked a majority of the portals for the community are presently inactive (apart from DX:Editing and OTP). The only place that even links/associates us all together is ModDB. So I think we need some kind of promotional site because once all 3 projects are finished you'll be looking at a very new looking game "we hope" anyway. DX:R is also looking to expand the game in terms of storyline and non-linearity so I think its important to note that yep things will no doubt be changing that will not be compatible with DX1 that we will need to adapt to. Hence the need my suggestion.

We'll see what happens come January as to how DX:R can be used to its full potential.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The only reason you guys are still even talking about DX is because you haven't played TNM yet. Just you wait, I give it a week after TNM is released before DX will be known as "that game TNM was based on".

;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

DXR/HDTP/NV will be standard. If not, it will be difficult to get working and it won't look good. "Deus Ex 2.0" is a bit confusing since there is a Deus Ex 2, but it's a good intention. We need an acronym, like DX:RHDTPNV, or a name like Hideftexpronewvisorn.

Most probably this other project can be ignored, like my project to port Deus Ex to my 8086 calculator. Too bad.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

justanotherfan wrote:We need an acronym, like DX:RHDTPNV, or a name like Hideftexpronewvisorn.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

BDX - Bellus Deus Ex