Deus Ex 3 poll (HA HA HA I AM EVIL)

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Biggest Feture Back in DX 3?

JC Denton Player Charector
17%
The skill system back.
22%
OMG this is the dumbest poll ever, EVERYTHING YOU TARD!!!
44%
Only a few things not much.
No votes
Invisable War ROCKs!!!
6%
Both 1 & 2
11%

Total votes: 18
Dead-eye
X-51

Deus Ex 3 poll (HA HA HA I AM EVIL)

Post by Dead-eye »

yeah you kinda knew I would do this only because every time I watch the DX 3 Tesser Tralior I forget that I don't have a Girl Friend, and thats saying allot nowadays.

BTW: getting ride of universal Ammo is a given.

note: Jones has the official right to shoot me for starting this poll. Yes thats right shoot me ON XBOX LIVE!!! W00T!!!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

well... then... moving on....
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Dude, Dead-eye, PLEASE learn to spell. I don't even read your posts anymore because they're so painful to try and decipher.

That being said, I won't vote on anything until you fix your spelling :|
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

I canz Splzzez
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Great he's been drinking again.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I wants teh skillz syztum bak!
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Inviziblz war suc blaz
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Invisible War was good. >:O It just as some wasted potential thanks to the console focus and universal ammo. The story and art direction for the levels was ace. That's probably the one thing I want from IW to continue with the series is the art style.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm unsure about the art style of IW. While I did enjoy the game as long as I was able to maintain my patience in spite of the level loads, one of my most fundamental beefs with IW was that it was more sci-fi than cyberpunk. Of course a sequel would probably not fix this.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I'm not so good at telling the difference between the two, except for the whole "punk" thing, which I hold little value for. ;)

Though, huh. I always figured most everyone's beef with IW was the gross simplification or cutting of every major gameplay feature of the original, especially the lack of skills, no adjusting target reticle, and universal ammo.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The skills and ammo types were pretty much the only major gameplay features they cut, lemming. The rest was still in there. The adjusting target reticle was mostly a result of cutting out the skills, and as such I was more sad to see the skills go than the reticle. I always felt the reticle was maybe a wee bit too slow in DX, but of course that's massively improved on higher skill levels.

I did say most FUNDAMENTAL though. The feel of the setting is a very high-level sort of thing to change.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas wrote:The skills and ammo types were pretty much the only major gameplay features they cut, lemming. The rest was still in there. The adjusting target reticle was mostly a result of cutting out the skills, and as such I was more sad to see the skills go than the reticle. I always felt the reticle was maybe a wee bit too slow in DX, but of course that's massively improved on higher skill levels.

I did say most FUNDAMENTAL though. The feel of the setting is a very high-level sort of thing to change.
The skills, inventory system, and augs are THE major gameplay features of Deus Ex. Besides the augs (I agreed with the biomod system. Not that it's better than the DX1 augs, it's just not worse, and it doesn't hurt the game), those are simplified to the point of absurdity. Your inventory is nothing more than essentially two toolbelts, where everything takes up 1 slot each, and skills went out the window entirely. The universal ammo was a horrible idea added with that.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Oh, and the options to use stealth or violence or unique solutions to get around obstacles as you choose. I guess there was still SOME of that in Deus Ex: IW, especially in the first area, but as the game went on your non-"shoot up everybody" actions dwindled, except for a brief respite in Egypt, which was IMO the best area in the game.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I played through IW just fine with stealth. It takes some getting used to the improved AI, but it's certainly not impossible or even absurdly hard.

I have no problem with the ways augmentations and the inventory works in IW. Frankly I'm quite pleased they did away with the tetris.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas wrote:I played through IW just fine with stealth. It takes some getting used to the improved AI, but it's certainly not impossible or even absurdly hard.

I have no problem with the ways augmentations and the inventory works in IW. Frankly I'm quite pleased they did away with the tetris.
I just shot everybody, or at most fucked them up with the new lightsaber (that looked like ass compared to the DTS :(). There was no real reward for being stealthy other than maybe for a few seconds at a time to get closer for a kill or something. No targeting reticle and no skills meant it wasn't too hard to take out most any enemy encounter except for those Templar guys in the mech suits if you were spotted.

Hey, the Deus Ex inventory system was good enough that Capcom stole it for RE4. ;)