Deus Ex : Delta ]2[. [release 1] [English]

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Deus Ex : Delta ]2[. [release 1] [English]

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

The story:
This mod starts in place where JC Denton saw the mechanic, who helped him to burn the Universal Constructor in last time.
And now you're playing as that mechanic. Your name is Jerry. And you're have only pistol and some grenades. And you're want
to escape from this place forgotten by God. You're don't have any goals for now, but you're will, this is only question of time.

This mod is sequel for the first mod: Deus Ex : Delta.

Trailer (sort of):
Click here to watch

The following scripts and other stuffs from other sources was used
Script for the shotgun by Smoke39
Weapon models: converted by Cataclyzm from Counter-Strike (and maybe some other games)
Wrench and radio models: from TNM SDK
Some scripts are used from Steve Tack's site
Some models was used from Endemia library
Modified crosshair from MainMan's City (also thanks to SimonDenton for the tutorial)
ActorAttacher by ElBundee
Some models by Psionic (Link >>)

Download:
http://yadi.sk/d/Y26bfUsE3DOLT

How to install:
For now, i can suggest only manual installation. But it simple.
  • Unpack the downloaded archive into directory with your copy of Deus Ex. You're should have latest version of the game: 1.112fm
  • Then navigate to DeusEx/Delta][/ Directory and run the FirstRun.cmd file. When all files will be copied, close the window with messages.
  • Run the Launch.bat file, and you can start the game. (the overclocking button does not overclock anything)

Notice: by default game uses FullHD screen resolution with max. quality of graphics. You can adjust it like you do this with original Deus Ex.
Release 1:
This release includes first five maps. Gameplay time: 1-2 hours.

Translation:
If you will find something not translated to English, let me know.

ScreenShots (some of them are obsolete for a bit)
Image | Image | Image | Image

Compatibility with HDTP and New Vision:
The mod is 97% compatible with New Vision (see screenshots), HDTP already included (not all improvements are supported at the moment)

Hardware Requirements:
Most of modern system will allow high FPS rates and high quality of graphics.
Something like this:
* Intel Pentium dual-Core E5xxx / e6xxx / Core2Duo or AMD Athlon II / Phenom II @ 3 and higher GHZ
Modern Sandy bridge or Ivy Bridge CPUs will suit well (Pentium/Core i3/i5/i7).
* Geforce GTS 250/GTX 8800 and better or something like this from AMD (HD 6750/7750 and better will handle well). Intel HD 4000 is too weak for this game.
* 2 or more GBytes of RAM
* About 1.5 GBytes of free space on the HDD
Last edited by Andrievskaya Veronika on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:57 am, edited 19 times in total.
kdawg88
MJ12

Re: Deus Ex : Delta ]2[. [release 1] [English]

Post by kdawg88 »

Has this just come out of nowhere or has it been known about for some time?
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Not exactly. Videos on my YT channel opened for everyone, so everyone can know about the mod from the videos (if will find them of course) :)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Looks good. Will give this a try soon :smile:
AdamJensen
NSF

Re: Deus Ex : Delta ]2[. [preparing to release 1] [English]

Post by AdamJensen »

I am interested in knowing if all the weapons in this mod are from 2027. If they are not and new; I am ready to give it a try.
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Download is ready. Everything in first post.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Is anyone else able to get this working? As extracted, I get an error message relating to not finding the Effects package. When I try to set it up as a mod off my regular DX install (ala 2027), I get the intro cutscene and then a blue letter message relating to not finding some package or the like. I can get logs and INI files if need be.

Are enough things hard-coded that that particular file structure is necessary? It seems like the entire regular DX directory was zipped up. In the attempt to "set it up as a mod", I ran a duplicate file utility against these files and my main DX directory and killed a bunch of things that were the same...

In "setting it up as a mod", I notice the regular DX logo comes up as opposed to yours. Any setting to fix that?

Also...
This mod starts in place where JC Denton saw the mechanic, who helped him to burn the Universal Constructor in last time. And now you're playing as that mechanic. Your name is Jerry.
What? Don't you mean the two anti-matter reactors? No mechanics around the Universal Constructor in Hong Kong...
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

No, this is story from previous part.
It seems like the entire regular DX directory was zipped up
No, the files was copied by FirstRun.cmd file.

How did you installed it? Yes, and i'd like to see the log (D43K.log)

Important: Download the fixed texture package: here >> (important!) and unzip the archive into DeusEx/Delta][/Textures/ , overwriting existing file.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Andrievskaya Veronika wrote: Important: Download the fixed texture package: here >> (important!) and unzip the archive into DeusEx/Delta][/Textures/ , overwriting existing file.
This file fixed the problem. Any answers on the help\logo question? Is there a way to rename that file and have it come up instead of the standard DX logo?

I have no time to get into the game any more than just verifying that I could start, but I'll play some more and post back if I run into anything.

Got any more plans with it (like adding new maps or items) or is it basically finished?

If you're curious I have it in its own folder under my DX install, edited the D43K.ini appropriately, copied the exec and int to DX\System, and have it running through my loader.

One other question:
Warning: Failed to load 'HDTPanim': Can't find file for package 'HDTPanim'
That line appears 40-50 times in the log I have here. Is the assumption that HDTP be installed with this mod?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote: I have no time to get into the game any more than just verifying that I could start, but I'll play some more and post back if I run into anything.
I just did get the time. I'm in the map labeled "Delta -- Transport #2". I'm not seeing what to do from there, and the other portal gives me a "map not found" blue message on the screen. What do I do here?
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

In this release you can play up to Teleport Station #2. And that is all for now.
Got any more plans with it (like adding new maps or items) or is it basically finished?
The next release will include:
  • Lost City (part one and two)
  • Dangerous tunnel

...In the future:
  • <spoiler :) >
  • Military base (three parts)
  • Russian village
I need time to translate the datacubes, textures, conversations, etc for the next releases.

The archive includes everything required to play the mod. You're don't need to use alternative launchers, etc. Follow instructions in first post.

To activate HDTP stuffs, copy its .u (excluding DeusEx.u file) files into DeusEx/Delta][/System/ and HDTPAnim.utx into DeusEx/Delta][/Textures/
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Looks great! I'll give it a shot whenever I can.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Fun! Nice use of textures and envmapping tricks and stuff.

Fucking hard, though. Jesus. The method for handling greasel poison seems to be "basically, don't get hit by greasel poison". I eventually figured out the trick for handling the bulletsponge greasels, but firebreathing bulletsponge karkians? Maaaaan. Now I have no LAMs, either. Lack of IFF makes things interesting, too.

I have to admit having various wall-textures in russian does make things challenging (the list of buttons in the room next to the greasel pen might as well be a WHEEL OF MYSTERY for me. "It says CTHPPN! Is that good or bad?"), but there's always quicksave/quickload experimentation.

Translation-wise (other than the wall textures) there's the datacube in the radiation room, and there's also the mystery text that accompanies any weapon hit, that seems to be incrementing a counter.

Codewise, you seem to have removed the functionality for "putting away whatever is in hand if the USE key is pressed without anything highlighted", which I miss, since it's quite common for me to approach a random box for lifting and then get the "NOT ENOUGH HANDS" message because I have a gun out. Pointing away from the box and USEing to holster the gun worked great. Now I have to use the holster keybind.

Also, GM_Jumpsuit might not be the best mesh for the playercharacter, since it doesn't have many of the anims that GM_trench does. This leads to a huge list of "NO ANIM ZOMG!!!" messages in the log. 2 megs of log messages in ten mins, for me. I crouch a lot.

Maybe use MP_jumpsuit instead? (from MPCharacters.u)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Andrievskaya Veronika wrote:In this release you can play up to Teleport Station #2. And that is all for now.
I thought what I saw was *very rough*. I guess I'm finished with it then. BTW, I see a whole ton of Russian phrases in different places (books and the like) - including one Russian "goal". The font being used word-wraps (I guess) so it's hard to see much in the menus and so on.
Andrievskaya Veronika wrote:To activate HDTP stuffs, copy its .u (excluding DeusEx.u file) files into DeusEx/Delta][/System/ and HDTPAnim.utx into DeusEx/Delta][/Textures/
So is it *required*? A ton of log spam really isn't that good if it's not...but again it's "rough" so not saying too much more.
DDL wrote:Fucking hard, though. Jesus. The method for handling greasel poison seems to be "basically, don't get hit by greasel poison".
Or just not go that way, I guess. I agree about the texture look and appearance. That's great about this mod. If I picked one thing to work on it would be indicating where to go/what to do a whole lot better.
DDL wrote:Codewise, you seem to have removed the functionality for "putting away whatever is in hand if the USE key is pressed without anything highlighted"
Yeah I had to change a lot of key/mouse bindings, myself.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Tis a tad surprising you're getting HDTPanim requests, if this mod requires its own deusex.u in the first place.

Interestingly, I don't get them, and if anyone should be having HDTP issues, I'd guess I'm it. I've always had HDTPanim in my core texture folder, though I believe most testers seemed to find it only worked if it was in the HDTP/textures folder. If you're in the latter category, I would try simply putting it in your core textures folder, since the path hierarchy in delta2's ini clearly looks for stuff in there. And it doesn't hurt to have it there.