Is this math correct? *Deus Ex spoilers*

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Vavrek
UNATCO

Post by Vavrek »

Project Dibbuk: Breaking all the rules of helicopter flight since inception. Fascinating what that thing can do...
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

Have you ever watched it fly away from the MJ12 helicopter base? Climb up the long ladder just before it takes off and have a look. Quite fascinating indeed :? .
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Fulgrymm wrote:Have you ever watched it fly away from the MJ12 helicopter base? Climb up the long ladder just before it takes off and have a look. Quite fascinating indeed :? .
Never seen that before because I always let Jock die 8)

Oh wait, that was Area 51...well, there's no room in my new world order for aging helicopter pilots, so he got what was coming to him. Maybe if he flew 732MPH he would've lived?

Oh, and to direct this thread away from the intended topic, did IW ever explain how JC built his Fortress of Solitude(tm)? At the end of Deus Ex, you go with the "Tong Ending" and are last seen running away from Area 51; I can't remember if IW properly addressed what happened to him after that, other than to show him suspended in the air/ice (man, it's been a while since I played it).
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

As far as I remember, he used his nanites to create the world in his vision. It is at least plausible, because some townsfolk say nano reformers could rebuild Seattle in a few years.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Master_Kale wrote:
Fulgrymm wrote:Have you ever watched it fly away from the MJ12 helicopter base? Climb up the long ladder just before it takes off and have a look. Quite fascinating indeed :? .
Never seen that before because I always let Jock die 8)

Oh wait, that was Area 51...well, there's no room in my new world order for aging helicopter pilots, so he got what was coming to him. Maybe if he flew 732MPH he would've lived?

Oh, and to direct this thread away from the intended topic, did IW ever explain how JC built his Fortress of Solitude(tm)? At the end of Deus Ex, you go with the "Tong Ending" and are last seen running away from Area 51; I can't remember if IW properly addressed what happened to him after that, other than to show him suspended in the air/ice (man, it's been a while since I played it).
The game makes clear that he merged with Helios, giving him the power of the Universl Constructor. Allowing him to build anything - hence why Page was saying it in Area 51.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Oh, so then the "correct" ending was the Helios one? But I thought he merged with Helios as one of the endings in DXIW...I am so confused, which ending to DX was used as the launch-point for IW?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

All of them, Kale. They were merged.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

please don't make me install that awful "PC Port" dx2!