unifiedDeusEx Questions

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Elias79
Thug

unifiedDeusEx Questions

Post by Elias79 »

I am not getting any skill points for stealth or flushing toilets, i have added the missig line: bNewSkillSystem=True under [DeusEx.DeusExGameInfo] in DeusEx.ini

What am i doing wrong ?

And i was also forced to copy DeusEx.u to the HDTP folder or else unifiedDeusEx would fail to load and the game only showed the patch info.
Elias79
Thug

Re: unifiedDeusEx Questions

Post by Elias79 »

Im an very sorry as i now have found the problem, unified DeusEx is not the problem but rather Kentie's exe that is bundled with New vision.
everything works if i never installed the custom launcher, the directx 10 renderer works but the launchers makes certain mods fail, shiftier for example, im not sure if every feauter fails but 100% sure the skill system stops working.

The exe seems to be a huge problem in some version of Deus ex as its the same reason HDTP fails with steam unless you use another exe file.

So to recap Kentie's exe and the revision exe use the same code base and both fails when using unifiedDeusEx, ie the skill bonus system from Shifter does not work anymore.
ereha_dg
Mole Person

Post by ereha_dg »

It was interesting to read
homedecor
Mole Person

Post by homedecor »

Make sure you are confident in your cane mobility skills before going out alone mapquest directions
homedecor
Mole Person

Post by homedecor »

You might also try reading aloud when you’re having trouble understanding something snake game