GMDXv9.0 Release

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Bogie
UNATCO

Re: GMDXv9.0 Announced

Post by Bogie »

Kelkos wrote:I'm waiting ?
Oh dear, I'm very sorry Sir. Montgomery Arthur Kelkosian The Third. Please accept my apologies.
Last edited by Bogie on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

Kelkos wrote:
Kelkos wrote:Can someone give me the HDTP Gas Grenade texture, maybe I can use Photoshop and modify it for a napalm grenade.

Also, I thought maybe editing the effects to such an extent, for example Gunther Hermann and Anna Navarre spawn sparks when shot and the MJ12 commandos should have an energy field to knockback any enemies they sense behind them
I'm waiting ?
I'm just going to say what everyone's thinking; you're not owed anything from anybody. Be patient and don't beg, and stop being a prick. It's cool that you're trying to help, but stop being annoying about it, because at some point people are going to be tired of your behavior, and when you do come up with a good idea,you may inadvertently deafen people to your suggestions because of said behavior. Just chill out.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Here. If you're waiting for something, put "bump" instead.
https://puu.sh/sA0Re/094e680d8d.bmp
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

GMDX v9.0 Release Delayed Indefinitely

Needs an installer.

But delays are good because it gives the various artists currently contributing to GMDX more time. There won't be a v10 so lets make sure v9.0 is complete.

In the meantime, I'd like to see organized effort to overcome this mesh UVMapping import issue. The various DX communities may be dead or next to dead but there must be someone out there. Try DXAlpha, perhaps.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

What's the issue with NSIS installers?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

GMDX needs a lot of custom, specialized elements in that regard akin to what the previous version of the GMDX installer does and for me its more an issue of time and management. I don't want to put too much on my plate at an already highly hectic time in the project release cycle. I will if I absolutely have to but either way this is beneficial to give artists more time anyway.

I don't really give a crap anyhow. It'll take as long as it needs. This is to be the last version so I want it to be perfection.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

And I don't have the most up to date source of the v8.0 installer either. I asked ggrotz for it (he wrote the installer for earlier versions) but he's gone AWOL. Haven't seen him on otp or elsewhere in nearly a year now.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Here is the texture. A simple retex. Orange/Brown colour + Napalm and flammable signs. Some scratches , sharpening and color hue change for extra napalm detail. FIERRRY DEAAATH !!!!!

The extension bmp is not allowed what do i do?

DO NOT USE THIS. HD TEXTURE IS AVAILABLE BELOW
Attachments
Last edited by Kelkos on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I think napalm grenades were your idea, and no one else really asked for them, but nevertheless, you can upload them everywhere you'd like - like here:
http://www.filedropper.com/

On the topic of the texture itself, it seems very lacking. The orange sign stands in extreme contrast to the body of the grenade due to incompatible colors (use the color wheel for reference next time - http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/col ... el-300.gif ) and also seems very clean and therefore fake. It should have some sort of graininess to it, especially around the edges, for it to seem real.
Also, the red warning that it contains napalm is lacking in detail and isn't centered properly, so that's bad, too. Maybe use a "Smoking Kills"-style warning sign instead - that'll allow you to put more text in there and to better frame the warning symbol. That will also work way better if you switch the places of the red and orange signs.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Actually, It's the orange and red napalm signs are stick on's . So it's fine, as long as they're not blend with the grenade.
Shadowdancerxxl wrote: I'm kinda surprised nobody mentioned that brown-red incendiary grenade model used in 2027 and a few other mods. This could also be added to the game, but unlike the molotiv cocktail that would break and then burn for a minute or so on the ground this could basically work like throwable WP rocket. Both these things would belong to the demolition weapon skill and would make it more useful.

I kinda like this "Thermite Launcher" in this youtube video posted a few days ago in this thread. Kinda reminds me on the heavy incinerator and that's good. Although I kinda like the vanilla flamethrower as it is. Yeah I know it's not realistic, because flamethrowers aren't really used any more, because they have been replaced by RPO-A Shmel and similar weapons which are basically GEP Guns with WP rockets. But where's the fun if you set something on fire from a distance? I mean you want to be up close to bask in its beauty! Using it as an alt ammo/alt fire mod could be cool, but I think that'd require a decent looking projectile animation wouldn't it?
My IDEA ? Look again
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Made in China wrote:I think napalm grenades were your idea, and no one else really asked for them, but nevertheless, you can upload them everywhere you'd like - like here:
http://www.filedropper.com/

On the topic of the texture itself, it seems very lacking. The orange sign stands in extreme contrast to the body of the grenade due to incompatible colors (use the color wheel for reference next time - http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/col ... el-300.gif ) and also seems very clean and therefore fake. It should have some sort of graininess to it, especially around the edges, for it to seem real.
Also, the red warning that it contains napalm is lacking in detail and isn't centered properly, so that's bad, too. Maybe use a "Smoking Kills"-style warning sign instead - that'll allow you to put more text in there and to better frame the warning symbol. That will also work way better if you switch the places of the red and orange signs.
It's better not to add a "Smoking Kills" type sign , as it is flammable and handle with caution. The stickers are all right and therefore need no changing. Unless you have a specific reason. They stand in contrast to the motive of the weapon. Expel flame in all directions. So , therefore it doesn't need any changes [-X
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Can CyberP please send a video of this grenade. Also, i've got another explosion effect that you could use for the napalm.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (25.29 KiB) Viewed 6242 times
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Dude...I never asked for this.

I'm happy with the demo skill and related tools as-is. Don't be offended, but confirm with me beforehand before going ahead and working on something.

I would consider it, but each grenade type uses a unique model in addition to a unique skin, and well, why wouldn't they?

However...ADD-ONS. You can do this on your own, call it "Kelkos's tools Add-on" or something, and I won't mind answering a question here and there to help you succeed.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

The Gas Grenade is a lachrymatory agent. So , if someone replaces that lachrymatory agent with a napalm expulsion agent, then you'll get this. It's completely legit. Consider it. The gas grenade's older cousin .