Older trucks for paving?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

SkadeMetty
Mole Person

Older trucks for paving?

Post by SkadeMetty »

Hey everyone,
I’m looking at picking up a truck this year to rent out to the local asphalt company for paving and milling. I will be driving the truck. I don’t have 200k laying around for a new truck. So I am looking at used. I’m looking at 96-2000 Mack rds is there any disadvantages of running an older truck besides the repairs?
thanks
Rob55
UNATCO

Re: Older trucks for paving?

Post by Rob55 »

It's essential to keep track of the maintenance schedule and to ensure regular check-ups to avoid any bigger issues in the future. You can also look into extended warranties or maintenance plans to help mitigate the cost of repairs.
CashiWaku
UNATCO

Re: Older trucks for paving?

Post by CashiWaku »

Hey there, thanks for sharing your plans for getting into the paving and milling business! I can definitely understand the appeal of a Mack truck. They're known for being tough and reliable. And it makes sense to go for a used truck, especially if you need help to invest in a brand-new one.
One thing to keep in mind with an older truck is that repairs may be more frequent and costly. But if you find a well-maintained used Mack, it could still serve you well for many years. And remember that you can always reach out to companies like Akron Asphalt Repair for help with any maintenance or repairs you may need for your truck. Good luck with your new venture!