DX3 will actually be a prequel!

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

I don't have to dream, Canada has all that, and more! Didn't you know?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Smike
Platypus

Post by Smike »

Heavens to Betsy! NO! I DID NOT KNOW THAT! Of course I didn't know that, the Canadian Secret Mounted Police must be executing a masterful propaganda campaign of deception and lies to keep it all to yourselves! YOU EVIELDOOARS!!! NooooooOOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOOO!!! :evil:
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Smike you el-bastardo! - where have ye been? :D Keep missing you on msn!! :)
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Trestkon wrote:I don't have to dream, Canada has all that, and more! Didn't you know?
Edios Montreal is in Canada.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Montreal is in CANADA?

OMG WUT LIEK 4 REALS?

Who knew, eh? I thought canada just had trest, igloos, bacardi 151 and moose (what's the plural, meese?).

(honest)

-_-
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Dead-eye wrote:
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote: What people dislike is when they buy a game thinking its something.. only to have it as something else entirely
Yeah I have a feeling that I will like Deus Ex 3 because I will play it fully expecting it to disappoint me as much as IW... but that's imposable because you can't die on the inside twice.
Sure you can, you just need a soul zapper ... er, metaphysical defibrillator.
DaedalusIcarusHelios
Thug

Post by DaedalusIcarusHelios »

I am fairly optimistic. I think they'll do a better job with the story this time with conspiracies and all. The graphics look nice, and I am also of the belief that Shanghai is going to look more futuristic while other places like Detroit will look more like DX New York.

As far as DX3 deviating from the characteristics of DX in some regards, I think that's inevitable for any sequel. A DX mod is the closest thing you'll get to DX. That's really the only way to best capture all of the elements that made DX what it is. EM can't please everyone no matter how hard they try.

Regarding auto-heal, I'd like to find out more about that before I worry too much. I hope that you can't just wait 30 seconds and fully heal when you are almost dead. I hope that even if they are more rare, that medbots and medkits still exist.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

DaedalusIcarusHelios wrote:As far as DX3 deviating from the characteristics of DX in some regards, I think that's inevitable for any sequel. A DX mod is the closest thing you'll get to DX. That's really the only way to best capture all of the elements that made DX what it is. EM can't please everyone no matter how hard they try.
Some regards = okay. Many regards = not okay. Most regards = Invisible War = fail.

Seriously though, it's all about what they change and what they keep. They need to be very careful about what they change. Notice how the Splinter Cell and the Hitman series have remained very similar to their originators in spite of improving massively on the concept with every installation. We'll see how it goes.
Regarding auto-heal, I'd like to find out more about that before I worry too much. I hope that you can't just wait 30 seconds and fully heal when you are almost dead.
If it works like Halo or CoD, you won't even have to wait 30 seconds, you'll just have to take cover for a couple seconds and then you're back in business.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Why can't I call my character ADAM WEST!.. lol. PURE WEST! <0_0>
James T
UNATCO

Post by James T »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Why can't I call my character ADAM WEST!.. lol. PURE WEST! <0_0>
That would conflict with the actual Adam West's cameo as himself in the Hollywood Hills stage. You have to stealth into his loungeroom, and if you get caught, he sprays you with shark repellant, which means you can no longer be attacked by sharks -- instant mission failure since the final boss is, of course, the shark the Illuminati paid to eat Harold Holt.
"If all Americans want is security, they can go to prison." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Apparantly there's a French DX3 article somewhere which, amongst other things, says that there will be at least 50 augs (upgradable 3 times).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

That's probably not true though.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

It's 20 I think.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Apparantly there's a French DX3 article somewhere which, amongst other things, says that there will be at least 50 augs (upgradable 3 times).
Cake is LIE!

20x3levels looks more like it.
Fragbait
NSF

Post by Fragbait »

They'd run out of ideas if they tried to implement 50 augs... "Chair Aug : throws a chair at the target... repeatedly."

I miss that video. :(