Whats Next?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Re: Whats Next?

Post by that guy »

maybe 3D tetris! or if thats already been done: 11D tetris!
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

3-d Tetris has been done, at least a couple of times, 4-d tetris has not (to my knowledge.)
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Hows about...

"I was strolling through the gas one day"

"Where The [insert profanity here] is my Skull Gun"!?! - The Gunther Hermann Lemon Lime Conspiracy

"Alex Jacobson: The Geek of the conspiracy" A different look to Deus Ex story

seriously, why not do a multiplayer for TNM? A few things could be done with it and make some interesting DXMP Maps for it
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Morpheus wrote:seriously, why not do a multiplayer for TNM? A few things could be done with it and make some interesting DXMP Maps for it
No moar DX modding!

:-p
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Illumonic
Thug

Post by Illumonic »

I am waiting for Face's Town for multiplayer.
DXI Chat log
[_wraith] Any thought of incorporting ancient mysteries into the plot such as pyramids, Machu Pichu, legend of the 13 Crystal Skulls?
[Witchboy] wraith, we touch on the knights templar
[MISMonkey] You touched him where?
[Scott_M] echo... echo... echo...
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Trestkon wrote:
Morpheus wrote:seriously, why not do a multiplayer for TNM? A few things could be done with it and make some interesting DXMP Maps for it
No moar DX modding!

:-p
Come on, you love the engine really.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

If you need it when you get to that point, It would be an honor to beta test for you again.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

DaveW wrote: Blender isn't really suitable for full scale commercial production. You want an established 3d rendering engine with a decent physics library.
Oh really?? Feast your eyes on something I found after stumbling around Blender Nation today:
http://www.blendernation.com/2009/04/09 ... ext-level/
...the Blender Game Engine will be used to make a third person action thriller called Fire Wire District 22. The game is being produced by Entertainment Arts Research Inc and its subsidiary Twilight 22 Studio based in Atlanta, Georgia USA...
...The fact that the BGE is being used for such a game is very exciting, but even more so when its revealed that the BGE will be 'developed into a full production game engine' to enable the project's usage of the BGE.
And after just a few mounths of davlopment look at what has changed!
http://www.blendernation.com/2009/05/21 ... kie-video/
If you can recall a previous article, the Blender Game Engine is currently undergoing huge developments led by Entertainment Arts Research. Here's a 'brief' update of some of the new things we're seeing appearing currently...
Last edited by Dead-eye on Fri May 22, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

r00tb33r wrote:
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:IdTech4 all the way IMO. That's what I'm going to be using for my games I think, just need to learn how to use it as I haven't really dabbled in Doom3- I have dabbled with Quake3 but I've heard IdTech4 is completely different.

And blender has a Physics Library Dave, its called Bullet and I have read up on it, it works surprisingly well, just as good as the one that comes with Maya. I'm starting to learn blender too because every other 3D modeling program is too expensive for a commercial license.
I recently played F.E.A.R. again, and I was pleased that I was able to max out the visual stuff, which is quite nice, and I believe the performance was slightly better than what I can get out of Quake 4. Not sure how good LithTech is for modding, but I'd consider it if I was doing this sort of thing.
I liked FEAR... I liked FEAR Perseus even more! :mrgreen: Quake 4 I still haven't finished... got bored... :(
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...