Having some problems with Gordon Quick

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

sweets
NSF

Having some problems with Gordon Quick

Post by sweets »

I've got my PS2 back now so I thought I'd play Deus on it. I reached Hong Kong - the save wasn't too far from it - and used fully upgraded sprint and jump combined with a handy bin I found to jump the wall and make it into the Luminous Path compound. Anyway Gordon wasn't too happy about this and neither were the triads. After killing ever last guy who ran at me I opened the door (got my 200 skill points :)) and had to bolt it away from Gordon who just wouldn't stop shooting me.

Then I continued the game as normal and found the sword, blah blah, killed some guys for their money, and returned after Tong had contacted me, but Gordon wasn't having any of that! So I've hit a complete brick wall in the game where I can't get Gordon to calm down and stop shooting me, I can't get into the underground part of the compound without speaking to him, and I can't be arsed to start the entire game again.

Does anyone have any way of sorting this out?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

The code to Tong's dungeon is 1997.

At least, in the PC version. I can't remember having to talk to Gordon Quick (except with the peace thing in the temple).
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I've had the same thing before, usually on my "kill every single person" runs. Yeah, 1997, hard to forget that number. I only remember two codes from DX, 1997 and 0123.

Maybe the PS2 version had cheats enough for a ghosting noclip "ghost" mode. I can't get through the game without the high speed running, I get bored.
sweets
NSF

Post by sweets »

Yeah I remember 1997, the only others I remember are 2001 for Alex's closet, 432 for Smugglers hidden stash (fluked that one!), Paul's 4321, and 1971 for somewhere... might have been an Illuminati date can't quite recall.

Anyway, in the PS2 you have to speak to Gordon so he gives you the code, there's definitely no other way. I'll have a look for cheats, great idea thanks.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Oh right, Paul's, just like the movies. I think the illuminati number was 1683 or something. Something about Adam Wisehaupt's (sp) birthday.

Yeah, I was thinking about it, and the 1997 doesn't work until you talk to Gordon. It was odd. Try just standing out and hiding in the market, let time run out there.
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

Shame on you guys for not remembering 0451, that's the single most important code in the game! ;)

random trivia: 2001 is the only code which reappears in a different location.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Ajare wrote:Shame on you guys for not remembering 0451, that's the single most important code in the game! ;)
Comm building! The code has just been changed because of that damn thief, not only that, but they leave that new code lying around ;)

How about 06288 and 55655, my personal favourites to take some shortcuts in HK.
Global.Node
Thug

Post by Global.Node »

EER wrote:The code to Tong's dungeon is 1997.
The key to the gate and the portrait is 1997.

But....

Not if you get in before Quick actually lets you. It's a 5-8 digit code (unknown).

Restart the level.
Shame on you guys for not remembering 0451, that's the single most important code in the game!
The code 0451 is a direct reference to Farenheit 451, its also the first code in the entire game. It's also nearly useless. You can just lockpick the little underground area to get the EMP grenade, but there is no need to because the only decent choice for the starting weapon is the GEP gun, you can obtain a mini-crossbow and a sniper rifle in diferent areas anyway.

No, no purpose.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Global.Node wrote:
EER wrote:The code to Tong's dungeon is 1997.
The key to the gate and the portrait is 1997.

But....

Not if you get in before Quick actually lets you. It's a 5-8 digit code (unknown).
The gate key is 7482, however, it won't open the door.
The other one is 453456, but I doubt it works as well, since it's a totally different keypad.
Restart the level.
Probably the best bet, or maybe jump over the wall to get into tongs residence anyway (don't know if that's possible).
Global.Node
Thug

Post by Global.Node »

EER wrote:The other one is 453456
How'd you find that out?

Back to the point, it just plain sucks that you can't just type in the code in TC. There should be an on-screen keypad (like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory).
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Global.Node wrote:
EER wrote:The other one is 453456
How'd you find that out?
Opened the map in the editor. It doesn't work btw, just tried it.
Back to the point, it just plain sucks that you can't just type in the code in TC. There should be an on-screen keypad (like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory).
What do you mean by that? TC?
Global.Node
Thug

Post by Global.Node »

TC=The Conspiracy
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

Global.Node wrote:The code 0451 is a direct reference to Farenheit 451, its also the first code in the entire game.

No, no purpose.
No, it's a reference to System Shock 2, and System Shock, both of which had 451 in too. DX:IW also has a 451. 451 is a reference to the keycode for Looking Glass Studios' offices. That was a reference to Fahrenheit 451.

You can't just ignore gaming history like that! Aw, now you've made me think about Looking Glass and I'm all sad :(
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Yeah jumping the wall screws up the AI and codes, Shifter fixed the trigger so that it turns off after you get the code...(in case you decided to jump over the wall, or something when leaving the compound) Like the others have said restarting the level is probably best.

0451 isn't entirely useless the com van is additionally the location of the first repair bot. as for the EMP grenade I use the comm hatch key that is behind the comm van.
fub
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by fub »

i used 0451 as the code for my bike lock.

it was stolen within the week.

not really sure what i should make of that :?
inACTIVE tnm graphical artist.
Jonas wrote:WHAT THE HELL KIND OF A NINJA-MOD IS THIS?!