Deus Ex Side Projects requesting

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Morpheus
X-51

Deus Ex Side Projects requesting

Post by Morpheus »

I am looking to gather some people, as well as me, to do some side recoding for DX to improve some features etc...

The first one I had in mind was this one (See thread on DXEditing forums here: http://www.dxediting.com/forums/showthr ... to=newpost - Relpacing the security computer with the one from the 60% complete stage as it looks far better ad more realistic.

Anyone know anything else that could be done to make the game "feel" more realistic, like this security computer?
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Question.. Would you happen to be another Avatar for DD? Cause you act very similar.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I have the most brilliant idea for a mod, it would include NOT doubling HUD size at resolutions like 1280x1024. Maybe I'll give it a try, probably not, but if you're looking for a good idea, that's it. EVERYBODY will love you for it if you were to make it, and I mean EVERYBODY, that includes me.

Edit: I looked at it, because I was bothered that much, and it seems the function that needs changing is SetScale in UWindow.UWindowRootWindow, particularly the variable assignment to GUIScale. Pretty straightforward.

However, being the UScript n00b that I am, my changes don't seem to affect anything. So maybe it's not even used, or, more likely, I'm not compiling the scripts right.

If anyone has some time to properly see if it works, I changed the function to look like this:

Code: Select all

function SetScale(float NewScale)
{
	WinWidth = RealWidth;
	WinHeight = RealHeight;

GUIScale = 1;

ClippingRegion.X = 0;
	ClippingRegion.Y = 0;
	ClippingRegion.W = WinWidth;
	ClippingRegion.H = WinHeight;

SetupFonts();

Resized();
}
Basically, I ignore the NewScale, I want 1.
fub
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by fub »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Question.. Would you happen to be another Avatar for DD? Cause you act very similar.
yeah, they do, but the ips are different
inACTIVE tnm graphical artist.
Jonas wrote:WHAT THE HELL KIND OF A NINJA-MOD IS THIS?!