Harvey Smith in Australia.

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Harvey Smith in Australia.

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

This is really old news. But he'll be in Perth on the 30th of March representing Midway @ the GO3 expo (one of the Australian equivalents to E3)

The website mentions his success with Deus Ex.
He worked at Ion Storm's Austin office from 1998 to 2004, in key creative roles on the Deus Ex games. (Deus Ex won the 2000 BAFTA and many other awards.)
If you're in Perth, then I'd be tracking him down and punching him cause of what he did to IWar. :D That'll teach him to put Universal Ammo in to the design document.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I'm in perth IIRC it costs like $200 to actually attend the conference so I suspect I'll be giving it a miss. Cool however to think that Perth is having the conference.
Flyboy
UNATCO

Post by Flyboy »

Dammit why don't those guys from ISA do something at Midway? I've been on my toes waiting for Warren to get a new project for so long. And that JPS? That doesn't seem to be going anywhere either.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JPS are working on a new game with the Unreal 3 engine.

FYI.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Flyboy
UNATCO

Post by Flyboy »

Sweet!

I like this quote:
"My team hates it when I say this, but my motto really is 'fail gloriously'. I would rather fail at trying to do something that's really amazing than succeed at doing something that's mediocre. It's really true. "
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Dammit why don't those guys from ISA do something at Midway? I've been on my toes waiting for Warren to get a new project for so long. And that JPS? That doesn't seem to be going anywhere either.
I'd love to know that too. Midway has a branch here in Adelaide, I'm guessing most of their staff will be at the conference (because they don't do anything!)

I'm guessing Harvey hates his job at Midway -either that or he chose the company because they paid him the most. I for one wouldn't work for them - they haven't made a decent game in years (in my opinion anyway).
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

His stuff on WoW is priceless. :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:I'm guessing Harvey hates his job at Midway -either that or he chose the company because they paid him the most. I for one wouldn't work for them - they haven't made a decent game in years (in my opinion anyway).
Last I heard he'd got quite used to his position as Creative Director. And I'm sure the money is pretty good :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Why not run in and shoot him with an MP5, then a SPAS 12, and then a LAW - while shouting "SAME AMMO LOL"?
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

SnipaMasta wrote:Why not run in and shoot him with an MP5, then a SPAS 12, and then a LAW - while shouting "SAME AMMO LOL"?
Because then you'd get arrested and you fascinating new universal ammunition system would be taken away for experimentation and replication by the local government. Better to simply patent the technology, get rich selling it, and start a gaming studio of your own that makes good games which pretend your universal ammunition system didn't exist.