Appealing to SinglePlayer Dx players

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Thanks, very decent of you. I did some google-research myself but found nothing related to the present situation. Well, I'm not yet loosing my hopes that some admin gets to grips with this situation... *stops stealing your thread*

Btw: I wouldnt talk german myself, if it wasn't my native language... ;)
Imperial
Thug

Post by Imperial »

:P

Hm, did you guys make backups or anything? Strange that it disappeared. Are you admin on it? I take it you are.

If you had a backup, you could just load it onto another server( Roi offered me hosting a while back, but I was anxious to get things going and decided to go with Trestkon instead), he might host forums for yous :)

I understand your quandry if there were no backups though, I have suffered a loss on a miniscule scale before, i can't imagine how nearly 6 years of posts? lost must feel
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

No, I'm not an admin on it but I have written emails to all 3 admins I know mail-adresses of but got only one reply, which wasn't very enlightening.
Imperial
Thug

Post by Imperial »

Hmm, ok, well ask one of the admins whether they have any forum backups, they should do

Finding a new server for them to keep the backup on, as if it were the old forum, shouldn't be too hard, with a backup.
Imperial
Thug

Post by Imperial »

Bumity, bump

Ok, thoughts:

The Singleplayer zone( Category)

DX SinglePlayer Observation Tower
Discuss all aspects of the game from how you never really liked Joseph Manderly to the ramblings of always wishing you could of stayed with unatco!

SP Shots

Show us all your random Singleplyaer shots!

Walkthroughs/ Help

Stuck on a particular level, that you just can't get past for whatever reason? Want to know how to cheat/ get through the game quicker? Fire away!

That ok?
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

I am all for simplicity and self-explaining labels...

[DX Singleplayer]

-> Gameplay
(plot/hints/cheats/etc)

-> Helpzone
(bugs/errors/resolutions/ini-tweaks/renderer/etc)

-> Random DX-stuff
(pics/vids/links/ressources/fanfiction/polls/etc)
CitizenZero
Thug

Walkthrough

Post by CitizenZero »

About the walkthrough section, it doesn't really need to be build from scratch. There was a beautiful walkthrough for both DX games posted on visualwalkthroughs.com, if you have not seen them already, I suggest you check it out. Making more walkthroughts seems quite unnecessary. :/
Imperial
Thug

Post by Imperial »

I am speaking more to tips to players, + a player doesn't want to read a whole walkthrough when they are only stuck on one part, anyway, it's not all to do with walkthroughs, if I make that forum

And thanks Fox, I think I might adopt that layout, cheers