What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:Guys, you should donate to this kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lar ... iginal-sin.
Oooh, since I enjoyed Divinity II so much, count me in. I'll see how much I can afford to throw at them after the week-end.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:
Jaedar wrote:Guys, you should donate to this kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lar ... iginal-sin.
Oooh, since I enjoyed Divinity II so much, count me in. I'll see how much I can afford to throw at them after the week-end.
:)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

GTA V is looming, so I'm going to play every single GTA game from GTA III to GTA IV: BOGT. I'd play Chinatown Wars, but I find the PSP to be very annoying.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Mostly TNM (seriously like 20th time now), DotA 2 and from time to time Warcraft III or Left 4 Dead 2.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

My exams (A-Level, first year (AS)) are almost over. Just two more exams next week. Tuesday - Fascist Italy (History) and Friday - Statistics 1 (Maths). They've gone quite well so far, except for one really bad maths exam yesterday which may ruin my chances for maths. But anyway, as there almost finished, I think I'll get back into playing some games properly - I just bought Rising Storm (standalone expansion for Red Orchestra 2) and I might give the beta a go. Before that though, I'll get down to finishing XCOM.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Been really busy lately, but when I had some free time, I have been playing Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 and 3. Know they are old but still good for what they are. Have not played them for a long time, so thought I would. That and Deus Ex with HDTP and NV DX10 render, from the very start as I have not played it in so long and Hotel Carone again which I haven't played in over 6 months.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

For some reason I can't get motivated to play the unplayed games I have on Steam. I've been playing some System Shock 2 and the Freelancer mod Crossfire 1.9. I'll grab Metro: Last Light and the Physco DLC when I can afford to.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I've started playing Sleeping Dogs as my go-to game during my exam period. No idea why.
I'll wait until I have more time to commit to starting playthroughs of the games I've not played yet; i.e. Borderlands 2, Dragon Age II, Rage, Dead Island, XCOM... the list goes on.

I do also want to start a new playthrough of Deus Ex and all the mods. Do we have a estimate when HDTP will be done so I can judge whether to wait until after then?
Or, when/if TNM 1.0.5 is being released? Not that that matters as I'll blast through them both either way. :lol:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Exams finished. Now I can get around to playing some games. Bought Rising Storm (Red Orchestra 2 expansion) and have played a bit of that. It's quite good. I'm also playing Mount and Blade: Warband - started the game and almost instantly created my own faction. Around 80 (in game) days, I've captured almost the entire Sarranid Sultanate, with the exception of two of their castles - as they came with a peace treaty. While the Sarranid campaign was going on, the Rhodoks also declared war on me, to get land that I took that they had lost to the Sultanate. Now I can focus the fight on them alone.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

Deus Ex 2027

I have to admit I skimmed through 2027 on my first playthrough. But now that I've finished this mod 3 times, I have to say this is quite a fan-made mission. Some comments:

- whereas I fell in love instantly with The Nameless Mod, Zodiac, etc... it took some time to love this one. You see 2027 has so much to give for a Deus Ex fan, but heck it takes some time to get there,

- as far as level design is concerned, the Prologue is far from being mind-blowing. But the thing is: the more you advance into the game, the more 'deusexian' the game gets, from Moscow and on the game becomes brilliant,

- and then there's the soundtrack. Even after my third playthrough I still like it very much, the music is not tiresome at all. For my part this is quite a clue as far as talent is concerned. You can imagine my surprise when I watched the credits and realized that the 2027 soundtrack was a one-man-job: OlegGelo. Almost to the level of TNM, I'm speechless,

- the new Perk System is refreshing, and some of these perks are really useful (Energy Recovery, Gunsmith),

- the Portable Spiders is truly the innovation that blew me away: during my first playthrough I didn't understand the system at all, I mean the game isn't explicit about it, you have to find it for yourself. So in order to use a Spider Bot you need:

a Spider Bot / a remote / a utility kit (it looks like a weapon mod but it's blue): you need them to restore HP to your Spider from the inventory! / Energy: actually you use your own bio-electric cells from the inventory to restore Energy to your Spider Bot! Again the game is not clear about those things. From the moment you have put your Spider on the ground and chosen it's mode, Patrol or Support, you can de-equip the remote and re-equip your weapon because the Spider is 'autonomous': it WILL look for a fight. Pretty neat. I've found 2 Spider bots:

- Majestic (Paris): this Spider was a mixed bag, it uses tranquilizers darts, obviously it only works on organics. Majestic dies often in my playthroughs,

- R.E.S.S.I.E (in the Omar hideout at the Kitay-Gorod Station): Jesus! This thing is The Chuck Norris of Deus Ex 2027. Not only it uses electric discharges to mow down ennemies, but sometime Ressie will use it's secret weapon: The Typhoon! When Ressie uses the Typhoon, the screen will sometimes become white-jammed (you know like when you sustain a Plasma attack), and more often than not when I come to my senses I see 2 or 3 bodies lying down the floor! No joke once I watched Ressie slaughter a mini-bot!! Ahahaha!

- Consequently I had to edit my first review about 2027 (it was biased) in my french thread. On a side note, I have no more room on my first post, so I had to add a link for my 2027 mini-faq: Deus Ex 2027 Critique Amendée

Note: sorry for my rambling. :mrgreen:
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I don't think it's rambling when you are describing how a game plays. :)

I've played Krieg the Psycho for several hours now in Borderlands 2. It's a lot of fun getting "up close and personal" with bad guys. I'm going to to put points in the Mania and Bloodlust skill trees but I will have to level up a fair bit yet to get to the really over-the-top, and interesting looking, skills.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

bobby 55 wrote:I don't think it's rambling when you are describing how a game plays. :) ...
Thanks bobby 55! :mrgreen:

---
Cripes ! It’s raining fan-made missions lately ! Just when I wanted to take a break from Deus Ex, Deus Ex Nihilum is out ! I swear some modders are trying to kill us. \:D/

By the way I can’t believe DXN installed smoothly on my p***-poor rig. Actually the game works flawlessly. Man ! I’m trying to resist the urge ! Now I realize that silly catchphrase WAS true :

"Every time you mention it, SOMEONE will reinstall it."

Note: A thousand thanks to you FastGamerr and all the lovely people involved. The Croc' loves you!
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

This thread must never die.

Gunpoint.

I made a blog post http://www.pentadact.com/category/conwa ... &C4=3&C5=3

That's a fairly cool way to handle the epilogue.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:This thread must never die.

Gunpoint.

I made a blog post http://www.pentadact.com/category/conwa ... &C4=3&C5=3

That's a fairly cool way to handle the epilogue.
How very Philip Marlowe of you. I approve. =D>
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking