Car topic.

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Phobosares
Thug

Car topic.

Post by Phobosares »

Hey guys, was curious to know about a few things. Just for the fun of it:

For those that do or don't have/drive a car.
1. What is your dream car?

For those that do have a car:
2. What is the car you drive now?
3. What was your first car?

Also feel free to give stories, details, jokes, and whatnot. Converse people!

I'll give you my picks:

Dream car: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro (This might be lame, but I really love the look and sound of this beauty! V8 SS with yellow body and black stripes.. Yeah baby.)
Current car I drive: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria (Black color, silver grill, nice V8.. Has 75,### miles on it right now. No problems yet, drives nice and has cozy interior.)
First car I owned: 1998 Volkswagen Jetta (Crapped the bed at 210k Miles. Served me well considering I bought it for $1,500 dollars. Owned it for 2 years.)
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Re: Car topic.

Post by justanotherfan »

1. I don't like cars. No dream car, since it hasn't been built. Concepts are interesting.

2. Infiniti, because of the technology and tech features. Reliability, power, and luxury aren't bad for a Japanese car. For my European friends in the new Infiniti market, Infiniti is to Nissan as Lexus is to Toyota.

3. A Blazer I think. Or a 90's Lincoln Continental FWD car. To be honest, I'd say I learned driving arts on one of these-

If I'm really honest, it was actually one of these. Maybe Trestkon can relate. I don't fit this car anymore, but I have had a perfect score-
Phobosares wrote: Dream car: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro (This might be lame, but I really love the look and sound of this beauty! V8 SS with yellow body and black stripes.. Yeah baby.)
Current car I drive: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria (Black color, silver grill, nice V8.. Has 75,### miles on it right now. No problems yet, drives nice and has cozy interior.)
First car I owned: 1998 Volkswagen Jetta (Crapped the bed at 210k Miles. Served me well considering I bought it for $1,500 dollars. Owned it for 2 years.)
I've always disliked American cars. Still, the Camaro does look and sound aggressive; aesthetics matter, but my ideal car would be silent, and I haven't seen Transformers so I don't get the yellow/black bumblebee thing. The Jetta was cool; I like the Golf GTIs, Passat CC, and Polo Blumotion.
Phobosares
Thug

Post by Phobosares »

Haha nice. I love cars, always have. Driving to me is a fun thing, some days I just take a ride through the mountains just for fun.. Not to go anywhere specific. American cars aren't as reliable as they used to be, that much is true. The tend to break down at earlier miles than other cars. Who knows how long my Ford Crown Victoria will last, but so far no problems. The previous owner had the brakes changed, rotors replaces, front end alignment, and replaced the alternator I think.

I do love european cars, japanese cars, etc. I just like to support American car companies, its one of those principles I have in my blood.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Personally, I don't have much of an interest in automobiles.

When I drive I typically drive my mom's 2000 Plymouth Voyager as it uses less gas than my dad's truck.

A car I would like to have, though, is a 1949 Mercury 8:

I don't care how nifty cars become in the future, nothing looks better than a classic car. ^_^
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I have a purple 1999 Ford Fiesta. My cousin gave it to me a month or so ago because she was getting one of the new ones - she bought it new and it's in perfect condition.

I guess it's a shame I don't drive yet, and really could not care less about driving (even though public transport around my area is fucking terrible - even by British standards.) But apparently to get a job in this country you have to have a driving license, so I'm going to start learning next week. I don't really have the money to but I do need a job.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Not in science!

Uh..though admittedly I still don't have a job.

BUT

the issue of driving/not driving has never come up. Just stick to jobs based in big cities and it becomes largely irrelevant.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

DaveW wrote:(even though public transport around my area is fucking terrible - even by British standards.)
You don't happen to live in the East Midlands do you?
Leicester's Bus service is just stupid too, though as you've said, it seems to be the general consensus across the entire country.

I've managed to get insured on my Uncle's Nissan Micra (Yeah, I know. It's a shit car. It's an awful drive.) which I might buy off him in the future once I've passed my driving test, just because it's a cheap car to insure.
As for what car I would like; I actually have no idea. :/
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

DDL wrote:the issue of driving/not driving has never come up. Just stick to jobs based in big cities and it becomes largely irrelevant.
This is pretty much why I never bothered to learn, because I was aiming for a job in media (aiming high) and would therefore have to work in London, Manchester, or Bristol - therefore driving would be irrelevant. But now I'm looking to retrain in a different area - and in general a driving license is something lots of employers look for just to sort through applicants.

I'm currently temping at Bristol Water for a job that has been advertised at Universities etc. as needed an Engineering/Science degree and 'ideally a driving license'. They wouldn't dream of letting someone like me (who has no idea about how the water system works) out on my own messing around with water meters, valves etc. - but they still shortlisted the applicants by driving license. Luckily, my sister works there so I went for an 'interview' on Wednesday and got the job Thursday. But basically, employers are idiots.

And no Nerdenstein, I live in Somerset in a small village. There's a bus service that passes fairly near me every half hour, but it's pretty much always 15 minutes late and costs £5 for a return trip about 4 miles down the road. Getting the train is fairly cheap, but I have to pay the extortionate bus far to get to the station in the first place. Usually it costs more to go 1 mile down the road than it does to get the train about 30 miles up to somewhere like Bristol.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Not a fan of cars, they're dangerous, messy, noisy, and they make me sick (literally). I live in a major city, so I have a bicycle and it's basically an extension of my body. If I ever need a car, I hope I'd be able to afford a Tesla Roadster, there's something inherently badass about an electricity-powered sports car. Assuming the Illuminati don't finally give in and release those designs for a water-powered car they've been suppressing since 1985.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Jonas wrote:Not a fan of cars, they're dangerous, messy, noisy, and they make me sick (literally). I live in a major city, so I have a bicycle and it's basically an extension of my body. If I ever need a car, I hope I'd be able to afford a Tesla Roadster, there's something inherently badass about an electricity-powered sports car. Assuming the Illuminati don't finally give in and release those designs for a water-powered car they've been suppressing since 1985.
I'm like Jonas.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

I'm still learning to drive and will hopefully sit the test in the next 6 months.

Dream car: Ford GT90

I remember having a Hot Wheels toy version of this when I was 5 - it's a concept car released in 1995 built as a spiritual successor to the classic GT40. It is still my favourite-looking car...I think.

Current car I drive: Daihatsu Sirion 2001
And then back to reality...not complaining though - it's highly manoeuverable and uses very little fuel.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

DaveW wrote: And no Nerdenstein, I live in Somerset in a small village. There's a bus service that passes fairly near me every half hour, but it's pretty much always 15 minutes late and costs £5 for a return trip about 4 miles down the road. Getting the train is fairly cheap, but I have to pay the extortionate bus far to get to the station in the first place. Usually it costs more to go 1 mile down the road than it does to get the train about 30 miles up to somewhere like Bristol.
Jesus, that's more expensive than a half an hour bus journey to the middle of Leicester. I thought £3 return was bad. :lol:
The bus through my village is once an hour and finishes at half 4. So if I miss it, which I usually do, I'm stuck and need to get another bus to another village and then walk for half an hour to get home. <_<

Somerset is a nice place. We do a family holiday there every year, usually close to Cheddar, because my Dad's family come from there.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

I have two cars right now.

My first car was Madza 323.
As an winter car I have Renault Laguna and as an summer car I have Chevrolet Corvette.

My dream car is Lancia 037 or Wiegert Vector W8 really cannot decide.

I have had many different cars and I have to say that Peugeot 205 or Opel Vectra has been the best winter cars so far.

My worst car has been Nissan Sunny.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
john00
NSF

Post by john00 »

Regular maintenance is key to extending the lifespan of your vehicle, and I rely on a professional automobile service to keep my car in top shape. From oil changes to tire rotations, they handle it all with expertise. Their friendly staff and vehicle battery replacement service make them my go-to choice for all my automotive needs.