DX-casting couch

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

fox
X-51

DX-casting couch

Post by fox »

Right now I am watching Tommy Lee Jones' debut "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" and there's this actor called Barry Pepper (also known from "Flags Of Our Fathers"). I think he would be a good cast for Gunther, don't you think?
HDTP's Gunther <--> Barry Pepper
Feel free to post other actors (even for other DX-related roles)!

Note: movies based on games still suck.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Smuggler == Wesley Snipes.. need I say more. Yeah I am aware he was blade but I still think he'd nail it perfectly. He's played similar parts as well. However I could see some lame ass rapper doing a cameo part as Smuggler.[/i]
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I would say Denzel Washington for that, but then he'd just be bloody expensive and all his characters tend to act the same.
I think Christian Bale would be a good JC.

And not all movies based on games suck. I think Doom's quite a good film actually. I absolutely hate Doom3 but Doom's a nice cross between 'horror' (kind of) and action, and I really like the characters Dwayne Johnson (or 'the rock', eugh) plays. He'd make a good Gunther I think, without the German part.
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

Smug == Samuel L. Jackson?
pretending to be absent
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Samuel L Jackson might work and yeah I thought about that since I loved him in Pulp Fiction and Shaft.. but I just can't help but think that Wesley Snipes has less attitude than him and more true to the character.

Mr. Washington is too expensive.

I think we've all established that Christian Bale was best suited to be JC but most likely he'd have to play paul too, I think he could pull it off since he is a master at Accents (you all know he's native British right?).. Lets not forget however that the original voice actor looks just like JC and is an actual actor on TV and Movies which is actually more ideal than Bale IMO.

Meanwhile The Rock would suck as Gunther IMO, Arnold would have been excellent :D but unfortunately he's a politician, I think he is more suited for Gunther due to his aged looks, which is what Gunther should appear like. Plus imagine him saying "I WANTED OR-ENGE IT GAVE ME LEAMON LYME!.. GET DOWN! DO IT NOW! ARG MY EYES THE GOGGLES THEY DO NUTTING!" ect ect.

This is looking to be one expensive fucking movie already :D
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Mr. Washington is too expensive.
That's irrelevant since this is all hypothetical. This is all about the cast of our dreams. Money doesn't matter.
I think we've all established that Christian Bale was best suited to be JC
You're wrong. Bale is a great actor but miles away from looking even remotley like JC. I don't even care for the voices in this thread, since it's possible to do voice overs for them (again... money doesn't matter).
Lets not forget however that the original voice actor looks just like JC and is an actual actor on TV and Movies which is actually more ideal than Bale IMO.
Exactly!
The Rock would suck as Gunther IMO
Yeah. But the same goes for Schwarzemegger, imo. I stay with Barry Pepper. Btw: The Rock could actually play "The Rock" (Zyme-dealer)... Look here and here!

>> It would be great if you'd post pictures for the character and the actor you think fits best! Here's a list with pictures of all DX-characters: Link <<
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I don't think characters should necceserily look like the originals, but just fit the right role. Bale showed that he can play a character like this in Equilibrium (and he's clearly brilliant at action stuff too). I wouldn't say he's that far off JC, anyway.

I still think 'The Rock' would be great as Gunther. He's quite large and fights between him and Bale would be brilliant :)
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Ok, I he's not miles away and I am getting warmer with the idea but he's far too skinny and there's something with his profile that differs very much from JC.

Picture of C. Bale <-> Picture of H. Bogart (Great read btw, shows even more similarities with JC) <-> Picture of A. J. Franke

Bonus-Scene: Bogart and Bacall in The Big Sleep
Last edited by fox on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Whereas Franke looks like a california prettyboy.

I really don't think JC should EVER look like he just got out of Dawson's creek (or similar).

Bale at least can do gritty. And as the "Machinist">>"Batman begins" body mass index shift will tell you, 'too skinny' is not something he'd have trouble altering. He's a bit scary like that.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm all for Christian Bale (one of my absolutely favourite actors) as JC.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
sweets
NSF

Post by sweets »

I always thought of a young Willem Defoe or Edward Norton as JC because they're not as pretty. But then Christian Bale as Paul. Tommy Lee Jones as Manderley? Maybe. Kurt Russell as Sam Carter. Quentin Tarantino as Alex Jacobson. I'll add to this at some point with more when I think of them.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Seth Green tends to play good computer type people, I always thought he'd be good as Alex.
daedulas
Thug

Post by daedulas »

Nah Edward Norton looks nothing like JC, but if there was a Half Life film he could be Gordan.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

I don't see a role for Edward Norton in this, although I like and respect him very much. Kurt Russel as Sam Carter sounds like a cool idea to me but I fear he would look odd in such a minor role. He's too pesent or wild.

What about Tom Sellec as Joe Green or Ford Schick?
daedulas
Thug

Post by daedulas »

Nah just let Warren Spector do a cameo for Schick, after all he was made to look like him.