Games you've been playing for years but never completed

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Re: Games you've been playing for years but never completed

Post by that guy »

N
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

many - I have a very small attention span when it comes to games. The ones I have finished are all the ones I'm likely to play again. The ones I got 80% through are likely to get a replay at some point, and the many that I started and didn't finish are probably doomed to gather dust on my shelf. :P
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I really should go back to IWD2 and beat the bosses there. Lost a few times, then just got bored, have yet to return. Haven't played them "for years" though.

That about sums it up, the other games I have never completed I wouldn't even want to complete nowadays anyway (Morrowind, Oblivion *yugh*, that's about it).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

Hassat Hunter wrote:I really should go back to IWD2 and beat the bosses there. Lost a few times, then just got bored, have yet to return. Haven't played them "for years" though.

That about sums it up, the other games I have never completed I wouldn't even want to complete nowadays anyway (Morrowind, Oblivion *yugh*, that's about it).
Morrowind can be worth it if you mod the shit out of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN0vYp9nabQ

Also if you get the Sixth House mod you can play the opposite side of the story and be a bad guy. The combat can be fixed to make it real-time.
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

GTA 3
Far Cry 2
Pretty much any Tomb Raider game after Tomb Raider 2 (which I now realise is the vast majority)
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Someone mentioned Civ IV, I bought that on Steam with all the expansion packs then played it about three times and stopped because I thought it was a big dull pile of suck. Teach me not to buy software without pirating it first.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Morti wrote:Someone mentioned Civ IV, I bought that on Steam with all the expansion packs then played it about three times and stopped because I thought it was a big dull pile of suck.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

You know when you click reply then look at something else while waiting for the reply page to load and forget what you were going to say? I did that just now.

Oh, and I'm aware it's entirely a matter of opinion but Civ IV is dull because it's like The Sims on a grander scale and I don't like The Sims so I probably wouldn't like "the same thing only bigger".

I did like the icon representing the Internet though. ;)
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Sorry, as a Civ fan that comment about Civ IV triggered instant fanboy rage, until logic kicked back in. Now I am back to normal mode. I personally find Civ games to be EPIC, and whilst slow they are fun for me to play. Except the one for consoles, that one gave a a headache very quickly.
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Yeah, despite my complaining about it I totally accept that it's simply in a genre I don't enjoy and as a representation of that genre I'm sure it's very good. Like many things you either get it or you don't, so this isn't a game I'd ever hope to review objectively.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

YeomanTheCastle wrote:System Shock.
Same, actually. I got close the last time I played but then I went through a door that closed behind me, died, respawned, looked around for a way to open it up again and couldn't find it, then stupidly saved and quit to go look up a guide and see what the hell was going on, only to find I had just completely ruined my game. >_>
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Xesum wrote:
Jaedar wrote:
Xesum wrote:Ps2 Sims singleplayer campaign.
the what now? Sims has a campaign mode?
Basically you design your dude and then you start off living with your mum, and then once you got some money to buy a microwave or something you end up going to stay with Dudley or his sister if you are female, then some other places, then I got stuck at the point where you have to give Timothy the bum or something food etc...
Pretty sure that's one of the spin-offs, and not Sims 2. The Sims bustin' out I believe.
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Yeah there where a lot mentioned that I realized I had never beaten.

Black & White
System Shock
GTA 3 & 4.
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Far Cry
Silent Hunter 4. (Although I don't know if you can beat this game.)
Company of Heros
x3: Terran Conflict
Doom3
Doom2
Finale Doom
Lost Planet: extreme Condition (haven't even installed... ever)
Hexen 1 2 & 3
Every quake game
Railroad Tycoon 3
wolfenstine 3D
Freedom force vs. Third Reich
Commander Keen

Some of these games I got for real cheep on steam, for example I got every game made by ID softwere ever for $30. But I didn't care too much for any of their games so I never installed some of them.

Way back in the day I would have added Deus Ex to this list before I got a computer that wouldn't have frame rate drops when climbing the statue of liberty. The jump from a 600mhz to 2.7ghz processor finally convinced me to give the game a try.

I still haven't beaten The Nameless Mod when working for the evil(er) guys yet.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Excuse me.

You have not finished Commander Keen?

You sir have just entered my hate list.

Good day.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Epifols
Thug

Post by Epifols »

Half Life 1

I've started it 3 times now, it just doesn't pull me in.
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end