What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

Cheers, I also ran into some level 11 Black Guard dudes who dispatched me in an instant. :(

This is definitely a save early and save often game. Thanks for the recommendation btw, it is loads of fun to play.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

I beat Portal 2.

This game has one of the most awesome endings I have ever seen. I love this game! :D

....What a shame it's only rented. T-T
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Divinity 2: DKS; I've spoken with Lord Lovis and got the next story quest. Would levelling up a bit more (I'm 10) before continuing be advisable? I haven't been to the Orobas Fjords yet.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yes.

And the Orbjas is a high-level area. So you probably want to get a few more levels before going there (Maxos temple is lower level, but there is a certain boon to leveling before leaving there [/not subtle hint]).
And may you ever get stuck;
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads ... =cfrm&c=12
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Thanks Hassat, that link may prove very useful too. This game is fun, though it's kinda an exam paper, and the Adventure and RPG games I've played were the lessons. Lol'd at the epitaphs at the cemetry.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

I'm fucked, wasted all my money on Killing Floor bundle, CS:Souce and GMod, Quake Pack (None of the Quake games seem to work) and Far Cry 2 (to replace my unfinished pirated copy).

Now I have no money and I think that there will be some awesome saes in the next two days.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Divinity 2: DKS has some useful tips pop up on screen. Unfortunately the one about making sure you pay attention to your defence as well as your attack, I only partially followed. I've been made painfully aware of that oversight when confronted by four or more enemies attacking simultaneously. :D
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Surprisingly, I haven't bought anything in the Summer Camp sales.
Mainly because of lack of cash whilst saving up for a Car/Insurance.
I was quite tempted by the BioShock games and Fallout games but I'll pick them up at a later date.

I've been working my way through all the Steam Summer Camp activities that I can do. I've currently got 17 Prize ticket things and have only got to get one from Day of Defeat: Source and the final two days so I should be able to get about 20 Tickets. But out of about 3,000,000, What are the chances of me winning the Grand Prize Giveaway. :P
I just think it's quite fun to play through them all and get prizes (albeit fairly crap ones) from it.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

nerdenstein wrote: I've been working my way through all the Steam Summer Camp activities that I can do. I've currently got 17 Prize ticket things and have only got to get one from Day of Defeat: Source and the final two days so I should be able to get about 20 Tickets. But out of about 3,000,000, What are the chances of me winning the Grand Prize Giveaway. :P
I just think it's quite fun to play through them all and get prizes (albeit fairly crap ones) from it.
I don't have any the games that have prizes, so I'm kind of just hoping for the top 10 wishlist games even though it's incredibly unlikely that I'll win. I've gotten 12 of 14 that I "could get" I missed the M&B Warband one because the new patch is incredibly buggy and crash prone. The other one was the Counter Strike and that's just because I suck at counter strike.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Anyone know of a fix for the 'winquake.exe has stopped working' error on the Steam version of Quake 1. I have Win7 x64
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Frozen Synapse.

It's pretty cool even tho I am kinda terrible at it. Anyone else have it and wanna try some multiplayah?
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

JC_Helios wrote:The other one was the Counter Strike and that's just because I suck at counter strike.
Here's what I did;
Start a new server.
Enable Bots and set Bot number to between 16 and 24.
Set starting money to 5000.
Set Map to cs_italy.
Start the map and play Terrorists.
Buy a Sniper and go into the Hostage house and use the voice command 'Hold this Position' or something similar, so the bots don't wonder off and take your kills. Most will go and stand in the house, some may just ignore you and say 'No Sir'.
Go to the big second story window looking down the dark tunnel passage and don't move from that position.
If it's the first round, I think most of the bots usually take that route but I can't guarantee anything. One or two bots will so it's only a matter of time before you get the achievement. It's not the most exciting way of getting it, but it was the easiest.

In other news, the Audiosurf ticket was a complete pain in the arse;
For those who have played it, you've basically gotta fill all three columns with blocks without making any matches. Once you've done that, you've gotta hope and pray that a red paint pickup comes up and use it on all 21 blocks.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

For the audiosurf one I used pointman and a long-ass song. I picked up the red paint as soon as I saw one and saved it for when all 3 columns are full. The problem is that all 3 columns must be full at about the same time as the game will delete a block from a full row after a while. >_>
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Just finished Alpha Protocol which I bought in the Steam sale... I guess patches cleared up most of the bugs? I only ever suffered from like one bug, and that was just enemies disappearing when I reloaded a auto save after screwing up.... and that only happened twice. Reminded me a lot of the Deus Ex HR leak. What's especially funny is that with the right hair, armor, and beard Mike Thorton looks almost exactly like Adam Jensen.

Besides a few inconsistencies, (like being blamed for killing marines and the choice of final love interest being finicky on which it decides.) it was a pretty great game.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Kee715 wrote:For the audiosurf one I used pointman and a long-ass song. I picked up the red paint as soon as I saw one and saved it for when all 3 columns are full. The problem is that all 3 columns must be full at about the same time as the game will delete a block from a full row after a while. >_>
I used Pointman and a fairly slow song but it was alright because it came up with a number of yellows and blues too.
I wasn't an overly long song either and fortunately, none of my blocks disappeared. :P

@JC_Helios.
I did find being accused of killing marines at bit unfair. The second time I tried it, I didn't actually kill any marines, despite the fact they were shooting at me! Maybe I did by accident but obviously, game logic doesn't understand accidents. :mrgreen: