What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

Divinity 2:DKS; I just completed a jumping puzzle that took me 30 minutes to complete. Was it worth dying about 20 times?.... Hell Yeah! A mace with very impressive damage stats and a ring that'll do damage to my attackers. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

JC_Helios wrote:Besides a few inconsistencies, (like being blamed for killing marines and the choice of final love interest being finicky on which it decides.) it was a pretty great game.
Welcome to the club.

And yes, the marine mission has an issue where it reverts how you resolved it (peaceful gets violent responses, violent gets peaceful)...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Talking about the embassy mission in Moscow? That was annoying, in the end, I just said fuck it and killed everyone. Need to replay that game. I have a thing for spy games, needs to be more espionage rpgs (Alpha Protocol 2 dream)
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

I recently decided to replay TNM after seeing the last time I played was 08/08/2009. O_O

I did a PDX playthrough first and now I'm actually going to finish a WC playthrough. ^_^
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

Started playing Challenge Promode Arena (a Quake 3 competitive mod). Almost twice as fast as Q3/QL due to the faster weapon switches and bigger hitboxes. A little Australasian community seems to have popped up around this mod on an IRC channel so I thought I'd take a break from Quake Live.

Dunno if anyone here is interested in Quake, but compare ordinary two matches on Aerowalk:

CPMA

Quake 3
shadowblade34 wrote:Anyone know of a fix for the 'winquake.exe has stopped working' error on the Steam version of Quake 1. I have Win7 x64
Check this out - bear in mind Quake is a very outdated game in terms of compatibility so a little perseverance is always required.
Last edited by kdawg88 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Thanks Kdawg, it works, but I have another problem, Quake 3 gesses up graphically on startup, but if I join a game, it gets fixed, I'll post a scrrenshot later because it's hard to explain.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Alien Breed 2: Assault.
I got it for 'free' (Three Tickets) in the Summer Camp sale. It's not bad but does get a little boring a little quickly. It's not very fast paced but I've only played the first half an hour of the SP campaign so I might start to pick up.
Also, very tempted to play Deus Ex/TNM again but I wanna wait until NewVision, HDTP and Revision are completed. :P
I'll start another playthrough of Star Wars KotOR II again using the Restoration Mod. :mrgreen:

Unrelated, but I think my monitor is on the verge of giving up. I've had to set it too full brightness because otherwise, flickering lines develop on the screen. :evil:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

A Divinity 2: DKS question about builds. Would it possible to have a character with say, a bow skill like poison arrow, a mage skill like fireball, both those for ranged attacks, and also have a few warrior skills for up close and personal? I'm already thinking of another playthrough even though I'm only about 70% done in this current one. I'd like to be able to dispatch a couple of attackers from afar when confronted by a group.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Terraria. Oh God, I am doomed.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Jonas wrote:Terraria. Oh God, I am doomed.
.....How are you doomed?
Kaiza Killa
Thug

Post by Kaiza Killa »

Team Fortress 2. I want to try out a variety of the classes but I am completely addicted to using the spy. It's probably a good thing because once I have had my fill of this character, I will be able to use a different character and have a whole new experience.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:A Divinity 2: DKS question about builds. Would it possible to have a character with say, a bow skill like poison arrow, a mage skill like fireball, both those for ranged attacks, and also have a few warrior skills for up close and personal? I'm already thinking of another playthrough even though I'm only about 70% done in this current one. I'd like to be able to dispatch a couple of attackers from afar when confronted by a group.
yeah it is.the game will even automatically switch between ranged and melee weapons for you when you press the appropriate skills.
Jonas wrote:Terraria. Oh God, I am doomed.
Playing this as well, but without the doom.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

stalker cop, and drunk l4d2
drunk l4d2 is fun, I'm too drunk to care about being mean to bad players :)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

@ Jaedar: Cheers, I watched someone playing a female warrior on Youtube, she, possibly he, certainly moved her/his character more fluidly than I do my mage. :P

@ Jetset: LOL.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Kee715 wrote:.....How are you doomed?
Nothing special, it's just too much damn fun. I'm never going to get any work done now, it feels like I can play this game for the rest of time and I still won't see everything.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine