What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

Sorry for the double.

The Lonsome Road DLC might be best left until it's on sale...unfortunately. <_<
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Good to know :)

I was playing the Malkavian mod, but I think the youtube movies are much funnier than actually playing it. This is some serious weird shit.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

EER wrote:Good to know :)

I was playing the Malkavian mod, but I think the youtube movies are much funnier than actually playing it. This is some serious weird shit.
Vacuum Cleaner: Do you have ANY IDEA how to MULTIPLY?
JC Denton: Your greatest strength was crack.
Vacuum Cleaner: Which means you would need an army to multiply a very large prime number. Look at me! Mr. Denton... I want that savage young woman in exactly one hour. I mean it.
JC Denton: Who?
Vacuum Cleaner: Well, like you we lack certain components of your daughter.
JC Denton: I don't understand.
Vacuum Cleaner: Bring me that young woman! So you were hoping to find your daughter in the ocean? Bring me the oceans you stole when you left your daughter to go into business for yourself!
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

It's fucking mental. On my first try I ended up with a game where all models had been replaced with basketballs.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Dungeons of Dredmor ($5 roguelike on Steam) is great, and so far seems like it could very well be the best roguelike I've ever played. Now, bear in mind the only ones before this I've ever really gotten into is Powder (GBA/DS/PSP/etc homebrew roguelike), because unexplained keyboard hotkeys for everything tend to get annoying, and Dungeons of Dredmor can be almost entirely played with the mouse (Except, oddly enough, skipping turns can only be done with space bar, not sure why that doesn't have a UI button), and the menu designs are very nice. It doesn't lose any of the complexity for it either, instead of picking a race and class you pick seven starting skills out of a list of about twenty, which define your starting equipment, abilities, and class title, and you can rank up those skills every time you level up. There's many different crafting paths (alchemy, tinkering, smithing), lots of different weapons, potions and artifacts that kinda need to be identified (it seems like with experience you'll recognize what things do by their bottle description), etc. There's even multiple difficulty levels, and the option to disable permadeath if you're that kind of player.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Dungeons of Dredmor was pretty good.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

who here bought Alpha Protocol for $2.. lol.. *raises hand with the knowledge that Jonas will bite my head off :D*
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

$2?

Sounds about right.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

$2 would be an acceptable price I guess. Even though I have no idea what it is about, I guess I won't buy it.

What I am planning to buy, is Blocks that Matter, but I seem to be unable to find it on my xbox. Apparently it should be in the indie marketplace, but I don't have it, does anyone know if it's something that needs to be installed or something? Or maybe it's not available in the Netherlands/Europe?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Playing 2027. I can't entirely enjoy it as much as I should, since I keep thinking either "HAH! TNM does this better" or "GOD DAMNIT we should've had this in TNM". However, I would say there's a lot of cool updates and features in 2027 that I admire, such as the new way recoil is handled, the new mechanical augs, the new skill system, and the new loot interface. My favourite thing about 2027 is the level design - the opening level is a bit... bare, and confusing, but Paris is amazing: very large, intricate, beautiful, and with many little details.

So far the mod seems a bit on the shooty side though - not much roleplaying happening. I guess that's fine, I just happen to prefer it the other way around. I do think I just broke the fuck out of the sequence by completing a mission before I got it, but so far the game seems fine with that - we'll see if it remains that way. I really miss voice-over, but I understand that they didn't have the resources to handle that; TNM's voice-over was like an enormous black hole that sucked hours and hours of work and effort into it and was eventually plugged with a fair wad of cash. I wouldn't expect anybody else to make that sort of sacrifice for a mod, but it's definitely... missing.

I've only just gotten started so I'll keep posting here as I go.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

I just finished VVVVVV. Excellent game, remarkebly not very frustrating. Despite dying more than 1200 times I found it less frustrating than, for instance, Trine, because dying in VVVVVV is typically one's own fault, as the controls are spot on. Music is also really nice.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:who here bought Alpha Protocol for $2.. lol.. *raises hand with the knowledge that Jonas will bite my head off :D*
I've paid $50 and it was worth it!

So enjoy your 2500% value
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm having a hard time understanding the plot in 2027. There was no intro cutscene, just a very... in medias res sort of prologue mission, and now I guess I have an AI stuck in my brain? And it's giving me orders for some reason? Now I've done one of its missions, and I've picked up something it needed to decrypt or analyse, which means I'm now afflicted with a full-screen staticy effect that makes it pretty damn hard to do anything effectively, as well as a very fast energy drain. I can't tell if this is time-limited or player centric, but now the game is throwing enemies at me, and uh... I'm not sure I can fight like this. My instinct is to just sit in the corner and wait for this crap to go away, but if it's not time-based, that'll be no use at all :?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding the plot in 2027. There was no intro cutscene, just a very... in medias res sort of prologue mission, and now I guess I have an AI stuck in my brain? And it's giving me orders for some reason? Now I've done one of its missions, and I've picked up something it needed to decrypt or analyse, which means I'm now afflicted with a full-screen staticy effect that makes it pretty damn hard to do anything effectively, as well as a very fast energy drain. I can't tell if this is time-limited or player centric, but now the game is throwing enemies at me, and uh... I'm not sure I can fight like this. My instinct is to just sit in the corner and wait for this crap to go away, but if it's not time-based, that'll be no use at all :?

Erk, and nerdenstein mentions graphic glitches in the other thread. I think I'll wait and let you guys walk the "minefield" first. :(
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

So far, I haven't got past the first bit because of my little graphical glitch only I seem to be getting. Which is okay and it probably means it is something on my end that is causing it. I wanna get that sorted so I can record a blind playthrough.
I will let you know what I think of it once I have got into a little more.
Right now, it's 2am and I am extremely tired so it'll have to wait. :P
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.