Picture Thread!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Deus.EXE
NSF

Post by Deus.EXE »

Master_Kale wrote:Oh my god, thats awesome. How easy is it to move around in? The second picture shows you throwing darts, do you must have a pretty large range-of-motion...
It's very hard to move. The suit itself is around 40-50 lbs, and it is very limiting. It is literally impossible to sit down and bend over. The dart game was mostly for laughs, but I had a hell of a hard time. The helmet itself cuts off all up/down vision, and when I threw the dart, I had to throw my body weight along with it to get it to the dartboard.

It's also very hot. I can only be in it for about an hour before I dehydrate. Thankfully, I had more then one person come up to me giving me an ice cold water, complete with straw, as another limitation of the suit, you cannot bend the arms up enough to drink out of a glass.

http://robocoparchive.com
RoboCop Archive Admin #2
Big-P
Thug

Post by Big-P »

I'm guessing with the helmet and chin brace your probally couldnt get the glass up close enough either. But that suit looks great, must have takel a hell of a long time to get it together. And if you think that is restrictive, you should try a Borg Suit...

Here's a mug of me, not the best quality, but all I could find was this one from my photography class (did all the developing my self, was a Black and White pic). Then after I got it scanned had to use the comp to add the color and resize.

Heres the pic (enlarged from orignal):

Oh, and here's the negative (image, not the actual negative for obvious reasons) just incase your interested:
We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo-owli- zhiv'
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Deus.EXE wrote:
Master_Kale wrote:Oh my god, thats awesome. How easy is it to move around in? The second picture shows you throwing darts, do you must have a pretty large range-of-motion...
It's very hard to move. The suit itself is around 40-50 lbs, and it is very limiting. It is literally impossible to sit down and bend over. The dart game was mostly for laughs, but I had a hell of a hard time. The helmet itself cuts off all up/down vision, and when I threw the dart, I had to throw my body weight along with it to get it to the dartboard.

It's also very hot. I can only be in it for about an hour before I dehydrate. Thankfully, I had more then one person come up to me giving me an ice cold water, complete with straw, as another limitation of the suit, you cannot bend the arms up enough to drink out of a glass.
What material did you construct that out of? You must have quite a bit of skill with quite a few tools to have pulled off something like that.

My bender costume has been put to shame:-p
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

:( I don't have any good shots of myself... They're all years and years and years old. Like, 5 - 10 years.
Maybe I'll get one soon.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Dead-Thread Reanimation Beam Go!

Just felt like posting another pic o' myself, I look loads better than before :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Please tell me those aren't your pok?mon balls in the background.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Deus.EXE
NSF

Post by Deus.EXE »

:mrgreen:

http://robocoparchive.com
RoboCop Archive Admin #2
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Jonas wrote:Please tell me those aren't your pok?mon balls in the background.
OK, I won't :P

Actually, those are some "special edition" poke balls, with little gold cards inside...They're worth a small fortune (and I do mean small)
Big-P
Thug

Post by Big-P »

By small fo you mean small ?
Like you would have to pay someone to get rid of them?
We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo-owli- zhiv'
MrBlack
NSF

Post by MrBlack »

"It's all good!"
VodunLoas
Thug

Post by VodunLoas »

VodunLoas | DeusEx-Portal.com
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Which one is you? The one w/ the beard or the one w/ a lady on each arm :-).

Oh, and *pulls out poking stick*

Where are those lines?!

8)

-Gelo/Moonbo
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

That fella in orange shirt? That's my boss. Being a boss means you can have a lady on each arm... he's a traitor too. But that's a whole different story...

Uhm, lines? Yeah, I did not forget about that...

Actually I'm looking for a decent spot with no/little ambient humm/street noise/neighbours who get irritated easily. I'll check out my office space after hours.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Pointman wrote:That fella in orange shirt? That's my boss. Being a boss means you can have a lady on each arm... he's a traitor too. But that's a whole different story...

Uhm, lines? Yeah, I did not forget about that...

Actually I'm looking for a decent spot with no/little ambient humm/street noise/neighbours who get irritated easily. I'll check out my office space after hours.
Mike! Hello! You look so professional :D Great to see you again!

Also great pics from MrBlack and vodunLoas :D