ITT, Cyberpunk and I bitch at each other

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I can see where you're coming from with the cartoons, but what's with the cheese? :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Split ticket voting? Please forgive my ignorance, but WTF is that? Like voting for both sides at the same time?
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Yes, in the US you don't vote for a party (and then the party picks the slate), but rather you vote directly for the individual candidates (who are affiliated with a specific party).

So voters can pick which person, as opposed to which party, they want for each race that is on the ballot (senator, congressman, city counsel, etc) . In this case, some of the people I voted for were Republican and some were Democrats.

-Gelo
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Hate the individuals, not the entire country.

Why is there no 'uprising'? Rofl. Because half of the american people are pussies.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Moonbo wrote:So voters can pick which person, as opposed to which party, they want for each race that is on the ballot
But not during the same race, I presume? Thx for clearing it up :)
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Correct, you can only vote for one person per race :P . And...

"Why is there no 'uprising'? Rofl. Because half of the american people are pussies."

What exactly do you think happened in the last election?

-Gelo
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

"Why is there no 'uprising'? Rofl. Because half of the american people are pussies."

What exactly do you think happened in the last election?
Here here :D - FUCK THE FAR LEFT! and FUCK THE FAR RIGHT!

I love the middle where I am :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah I like the middle too. But I think I prefer the kind of middle that's arrived at when the far left and the far right have to fight each other to get anything done, as opposed to the middle that's arrived at when one group of power-hungry politicians place themselves squarely at the top of the bell curve and gain all the power that way.

Our political system makes it nearly impossible for one party to gain a majority of seats in parliament, so usually two or three parties will have to work together on everything, which creates a decent dynamic. At the moment, unfortunately, the three parties that form the majority on most things range from just right of the middle to the far right.

Racism abound.

It usually works better though.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

We just voted, and the results are quite shitty. The largest party is middle-right ish, the second largest is middle-left ish, the third one is far left.

middle-right ish and far left don't mix, middle-left are backstabbing bastards (this particular party, not all middle-left parties) and no way for one vision to get a majority without serious concessions and therefore serious impact on credibility. Way to go Dutch voters! We'll see what happens.
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Here here
Hear, hear. Pet gripe. (Along with 'could care less' ;))
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

I don't know if such a thing as far Left exsist (maybe in Iran or countrys in the middle east) I mean I don't know vary meny people that say you should get a aborshion every time you get pregnet. But I might be wrong.

You guys can only vote for the partiy? Not the canadate? boy that must suck. But you get more then 2 partys so I gess its all good.

I was trying to find the food exportaon in the US world wide to state a point, but I found out its only something like %10 so I won't.
-we sell food to china and the sell happy meels to us. (to keep us fat and dumb) I'm from Santa Cruz where we got good food so where smart (But schools suck so I can't spell)

Arimd rebelion is a realy bad idea. Last elction was a paceful rebelon. Every one (exsept for Moonbo) voted %100 BLUE (demacrats). Eventhow BLUEs arnt that much better then REDs (republicans)

Realy there is no political saluteion to the worlds problems. Polatishons are good at getting elected. Not running the world. I meen you get one good leader every 100 years, how the hell are we gona solve the worlds problems.

(Wow I tryed to spell chek that and my computer almost crashed. I hope your smater then a cumpoter)
James T
UNATCO

Post by James T »

Jesus Christ, deadeye... The 'far end' of the left wing is communism, not... enforced abortion (whatever the more rabid baptists/Catholics may think).

This is the worst 'political' thread I've ever seen, and I've been a mod at the Concerned forums.
"If all Americans want is security, they can go to prison." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I like how the http://www.politicalcompass.org/ splits it up. Left, Right, Up and Down. I'm a bit down and too far to the left. Not politically, just too far to the left. With their model, a leftist state could force abortions 100% of the time. Economic versus freedoms (right, left, authoritarian, libertarian).

I'm not much fun in this thread. I'm only good at bashing the USA, which is far too easy.
James T
UNATCO

Post by James T »

What is with this 'forcing abortions' bullshit? There is nothing in leftwing or liberal ideology which says that abortions are desirable, it's just widely held that they should be legally available.
"If all Americans want is security, they can go to prison." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Its just the humourous overgeneralization of libertarian ideology concerning abortion. Its funny since it makes the questionable general conception of abortion as "leftist", and combines it with the opposite of libertarianism, authoritarianism, which one could only assume would force people into abortions. Not true of course; Stalin was a leftist authoritarian (aka "communist" in its totalitarian form), and he didn't force abortions. Abortion is a personal freedom, so it is libertarian in nature. A libertarian wouldn't "force" much of anything on any person.

Check out that site. Without it, its hard to understand exactly what left/right means, especially in modern times with places like the US where the terms are intentionally confused.