What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Chris
UNATCO
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Chris »

I meant on the other computer, i have 2 Laptops and One PC and A laptop and my PC doesnt have the newest G-Cards.
Platypus
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

Is there a known way to port textures and models from Unreal Engine games into GMod? Once I get the hang of this damn Hammer tool and create a basic concept map for an admittedly ambitious Source total conversion mod I plan on making sometime down the line, I think I'm going to try my hand at importing stuff from Deus Ex into GMod. Worst case scenario, I can just recreate some maps from Deus Ex with Half-Life textures.
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret
Chris
UNATCO
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.

Post by Chris »

I heard that RedDynasty, Poor, and maybe Atrey are going to take some Half Life GMOD Pokemon textures and input it into their Cagematch server. For the Pokemon Training match.
Platypus
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

That's not what I'm asking at all. I'm asking if there is a way to take textures from Deus Ex, and put them in the Valve Hammer Editor. Then I could use those textures to recreate maps from Deus Ex.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Only 6 hours remaining on a Black Mesa download.

*This file can't be downloaded* @ 17%....thanks for nothing. :(
Last edited by bobby 55 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

AgentOrange wrote:That's not what I'm asking at all. I'm asking if there is a way to take textures from Deus Ex, and put them in the Valve Hammer Editor. Then I could use those textures to recreate maps from Deus Ex.
Completely possible, but not on a large scale without writing some tools to pass them through a conversion tool. Valve use their own 'VTF' format for textures.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Alrighty then, after two failed attempts at D/Ling Black Mesa from ShackNews, this from a PC Gamer forumite (it's a German site): http://www.chip.de/downloads/Black-Mesa_57528457.html

I'm currently at 82% and I'll let you know if there's any installation difficulties.

Added: Not a problem, the zip files are in English. It's installed and it's gorgeous. HL 1 in a HL 2 suit, but even better looking....and that's only after the menu and train ride. :P
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

bobby 55 wrote:Alrighty then, after two failed attempts at D/Ling Black Mesa from ShackNews, this from a PC Gamer forumite (it's a German site): http://www.chip.de/downloads/Black-Mesa_57528457.html

I'm currently at 82% and I'll let you know if there's any installation difficulties.

Added: Not a problem, the zip files are in English. It's installed and it's gorgeous. HL 1 in a HL 2 suit, but even better looking....and that's only after the menu and train ride. :P
Thanks for the link Bobby! :mrgreen:
All the sites I've tried have been like 3-4+ hours download times and the one I did go with corrupted half way through. This one is only half an hour. :lol:

EDIT: Downloaded. I'm going to play it tomorrow when I finish work. :D
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah I got about 17% downloaded both times at 100 k/ps before failure. The linked site gave me 1.1 Mb/s.

It's pretty impressive (Black Mesa), they've made it interesting too. I won't get any more spoilery than that.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

Been playing Black Mesa.

It's like playing Half-Life 1 for the first time, but also like playing Half-Life 2 for the first time, but better!
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

I guess it's a good thing I waited till today to download Black Mesa, since it'll be done in 16 minutes.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Having horrible performance issues :( And why no iron sights on the pistol yet the magnum does? doesn't make sense. Other than that it is awesome. Loving all the little changes in the level design, and the pick up & throw dynamic objects mechanic. Want iron sights on all the standard issue guns though. Dissapointing allowing it for the magnum only, as if teasing.
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

Being a Looking Glass fan, I made an upteenth determined push to get Underworld working properly in DOSBox (one of the best programs I've ever used) - everything works well now that I have an i5 CPU :mrgreen: .

Also playing the original System Shock for the second time, since in my first playthrough I somehow used up (or misplaced) all the plastique explosives that you need to destroy certain objects later in the game. Thanks a lot Looking Glass!

Next up, Terra Nova!
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

kdawg88 wrote:

Also playing the original System Shock for the second time, since in my first playthrough I somehow used up (or misplaced) all the plastique explosives that you need to destroy certain objects later in the game. Thanks a lot Looking Glass!
!
Lol. Bit of an odd design decision there. You are expected to play clever etc but even in reallife if you were battling through armies of cyborgs and all sorts and you came across Plastique explosives, you sure as hell would use them. Luckily I was warned of this before playing. Actually im sure an audio log or transmission tells you you need them later. Not certain.
SS1 was a fantastic game but Deus Ex & Shock 2 are much better.

How is Underworld 1 & 2? Bit scared to play it tbh, no mouselook mod, confusing level design & well It surely is no Arx Fatalis?
Still, LGS are legends I should know better. Should just shut up and play it.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

kdawg88 wrote:Also playing the original System Shock for the second time, since in my first playthrough I somehow used up (or misplaced) all the plastique explosives that you need to destroy certain objects later in the game. Thanks a lot Looking Glass!
I didn't even know you can use the plastique on anything other than the antennas.