Heads up guys, Deus Ex 3 Trailer.

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Heads up guys, Deus Ex 3 Trailer.

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1 ... 22733.html

New screens of the CGI Trailer. I'm hoping we at least see some kind of gameplay, its an awful lot of hype if its just a longer version of the CGI trailer we saw a few months back.

I think its time we saw some gameplay damn it.

The full Trailer comes out Tomorrow sometime.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Re: Heads up guys, Deus Ex 3 Trailer.

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Looks like it's making progress :)
Apparently in the game, if you kill someone and they have augmentations, you can rip them out of the person's body and then sell them on the black market. But if you damage them when killing the person, then they lose their value. Sounds bizarre.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Wow looks awesome, too bad that based on these shots there is no way my current computer will run it #-o

If this trailer ends up being actual game play that will be awesome it would be nice to finally be able to see some of the finer details of the game.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Looks like it's making progress :)
Apparently in the game, if you kill someone and they have augmentations, you can rip them out of the person's body and then sell them on the black market. But if you damage them when killing the person, then they lose their value. Sounds bizarre.
They had a similar system in Freelancer. You paid a nominal price for repairing damaged equipment/loot and sold it for the best price you could get.
Some of the latest screenies kinda make me think... Blade Runner. Bring it.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

In terms of in-game visuals it still has the same style, very Avalon. It's like they wanted to replicate the same style as Avalon moreso than Bladerunner- though I'm still a bit sad about it being saturated too much, some subtle colour would have been nice- even bladerunner had subtle neon colouring.

Gameplay is still a major thing for me. So I'm still hesitant, but hopefully its good.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

The trailer is up - http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/deus-ex ... pe?size=hd it's looks pretty good, I would really love to see some in game stuff but the trailer is certainly impressive.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I actually have nothing much in the way of Deus Ex to say about this.

Oddly, the trailer reminded me of the movies Prince of Persia and In The Name of the King*. More the first than the second. I'm having difficulty pinning down exactly why given the obvious differences. (It isn't lost on me that those movies are both based on games, but I really don't think that has anything to do with it.) It's definitely a mater of tone. The trailer just feels like a movie I recently watched by Disney. Perhaps it shouldn't, for all that can be said about Prince of Persia I don't remember any moments quite as cliched as some of the things in that trailer**.

Anyway, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, Deus Ex was built on a foundation of conspiracy theory cliches and it didn't suffer for it.

-

* This wasn't a momentary thing, by the way. If that were the case I'd have added National Treasure to the list as well. The trailer as a whole gave me, "Oh, it's (the movie) Prince of Persia," vibes that have not dissipated.

** That is not to say that there aren't any, I refilled my drink multiple times during the movie so there's a possibility there were such moments and just happened to be out of the theater for all of them.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Phasmatis wrote:The trailer is up - http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/deus-ex ... pe?size=hd it's looks pretty good, I would really love to see some in game stuff but the trailer is certainly impressive.
What a way to blow the cobwebs away on a Saturday morning. If the game's only half as good as that trailer it'll be awesome.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Wow I must say I am beginning to get excited for the game now. The Assault mech at 2:23 looks like it would not be fun to play with :shock:

Has anyone seen any details about the menu system of the game or whether it will bring back leveling up of player skills?

Also does anyone else think he looks like Kazuya from Tekken? (other than his face being incredibly stretched)
Last edited by m3rc1l3ss on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

As trailers go, that was pretty damn cool; certainly better than DX's trailer in any case. That scene at the end when he punched through a wall and broke that guy's neck was just :shock:
However I'm still undecided about how I feel towards it as a prequel to DX. This game is set just 17 years into our future, and I just can't see world looking like it does in that trailer. With DX, as bizarre as the fundamental concept of nano-augmentation was, there was still a sense of realism due to the scientific and logical explanations. Some of the stuff in that trailer, although incredible, was just ridiculous though.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I'm going to step outside my usual cynicism and fanboyism.

I don't care if it doesn't make sense as a prequel because advanced tech and stuff. I could easily disregard that by saying like: Alternate dimension or something. But only if the game is good. The trailer makes the action look good, but it makes me fear the game will fall in to the same trap VtomB and AP did, go multiple solution+stealth first and then descend into forced action sequences. Then I will probably not accept it as it will not be DX in gameplay or setting.

Trailer looks awesome though, but a bit to fast to see what is happening for me... not enough time to drool over the fancy CGI.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

This trailer means exactly this much to me:

Nothing.

This ain't no game trailer, it's a montage of some cinematics. Give me gameplay or fuck off.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:This trailer means exactly this much to me:

Nothing.

This ain't no game trailer, it's a montage of some cinematics. Give me gameplay or fuck off.
Well I guess Project Hyperion won't be going this route. Yeah I know I'm sooooo banned. Cyas.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Hyperion's trailer should be Jonas under the influence of alcohol going on about the unique features of the game while slowly falling off his chair. Then he falls off and then it cuts to actual game footage and everyone will be like "wow" and then it'll show a planned release date with a drunk Jonas riding along on one of these:

Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.