Syndicate Wars - Anybody experienced with DosBox?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Undisputed
UNATCO

Syndicate Wars - Anybody experienced with DosBox?

Post by Undisputed »

I've been trying to get to this to work, but after a long headache I quit trying.

I had all of the files in a directory and tried mounting the "Play.bat" but couldn't figure out the correct setup to do so. Any help?
Amakir
NSF

Re: Syndicate Wars - Anybody experienced with DosBox?

Post by Amakir »

You could try to make a shortcut to the game, thats what i do when i use dosbox.
Create a new shortcut to the DOSBox .exe file, or copy the one created when you installed DOSBox.
Edit the properties of the shortcut.
At the end of the "Target" line, add, in quotes, the full path of the main game executable that you wish to launch.
For example, if "The Settlers 2" was installed into the folder C:\Games\Settlers 2\, and DosBox is installed at it's default location, the target box would contain:
"C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.72\dosbox.exe" -conf "C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.72\dosbox.conf" "C:\Games\Settlers 2\S2.exe"
NB: the -conf command line option, which is specified in the line above, is optional, since it refers to the default config file. However, if you use a custom config file, then you will need to retain this line, suitably amended to refer to your custom .conf file.
Syndicate eh? Im playing through the original Syndicate right now, it's a pretty good game. :lol:
"There is a door, you will be required to get through it. If you cannot think of at least three ways to do that, perhaps Deus Ex is not the game for you. - chris the cynic
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I haven't played that since my CD32 had trouble and was repaired and came back without save games. I WAS IN THE LAST LEVEL!!! :'(

Anyway, I do have it for PC, but don't have it handy. I could check if it works on dosbox for you next weekend.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Thanks Amakir, that was quite helpful. Can't wait to try this game as well as the upcoming one.
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

I downloaded it a couple of months ago, and I'm stuck on the levels where enemies show up...
wink wonk
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Grammatolatry wrote:I downloaded it a couple of months ago, and I'm stuck on the levels where enemies show up...
Yeah, those agents are no joke. If theres plenty of civilians/police nearby persuade them to follow you until you have enough to persuade the agents if this is possible. If you do this just leave the other agents that will not help you accomplish this behind, as they may make the agents hostile.

There is a way to make your agents automatically attack hostiles but I haven't figured it out yet.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I spent ages trying to get this game working by piecing together bits from the demo and different abandonware sites. My policy these days is to wait for it to come out on GOG and if it doesn't then not play it.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

I could hook you up with the original^
Jack90
UNATCO

Post by Jack90 »

Moving can be a challenging and stressful experience, especially when it comes to dealing with large furniture and appliances. Whether you are moving to a new home or office, the task of disassembling and reassembling these bulky items can be overwhelming. Fortunately, moving services are available to assist with this process. Auto Shipping Rates Mercer County, Ohio