A play. In which Mud is Flung, and Mothers are Insulted. Funz!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Re: Rumour: Disney Is Closing Warren Spector’s Junction Poin

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

I never enjoyed Fallout. The combat doesn't interest me, the storyline and characters are rather lame and forgettable, and the whole game and it's world is dead and dud, due in part of the boring-ass post-apocalyptic theme. I never feel like there's something interesting going on or anything. Fucking boring.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

A play. In which Mud is Flung, and Mothers are Insulted. Funz!

Post by Cybernetic pig »

YeomanTheCastle wrote:I never enjoyed Fallout. The combat doesn't interest me, the storyline and characters are rather lame and forgettable, and the whole game and it's world is dead and dud, due in part of the boring-ass post-apocalyptic theme. I never feel like there's something interesting going on or anything. Fucking boring.
Wow, we have "ITS AWESOME", "It's ok" and "Fucking boring".....Meh [-( .
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

How does that surprise you?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Because it deserves better.

Oh, DDL, going back to the beginning- The industry is thriving, but phone games, F2P, browser based games and all that BS, that's all. and the corporations are strengthening (EA, Activision) whilst the individuals are weakening (Dev Studios).

What's it called, Consolidation?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Because it deserves better.
So because you say so, no one can dislike it?
Cybernetic pig wrote:Oh, DDL, going back to the beginning- The industry is thriving, but phone games, F2P, browser based games and all that BS, that's all. and the corporations are strengthening (EA, Activision) whilst the individuals are weakening (Dev Studios).

What's it called, Consolidation?
"The industry is thriving, but not the bits I like, so it's doing terrible."

Also, a lot of phone games and an increasing number of PC/console arcade games are being produced by small independent groups. Not sure why that is 'weakening' dev studios if there are more of them now - if anything we're closer to the industry back in the 90's than we have been for the last decade.
YeomanTheCastle wrote:I never enjoyed Fallout. The combat doesn't interest me, the storyline and characters are rather lame and forgettable, and the whole game and it's world is dead and dud, due in part of the boring-ass post-apocalyptic theme. I never feel like there's something interesting going on or anything. Fucking boring.
While I wouldn't say I never enjoyed it, I eventually grew tired of Fallout 3 because of these reasons. New Vegas didn't really do anything new - it still felt like the same tired, clunky game so the fact I'd already had enough of Fallout 3 meant I didn't enjoy it.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DaveW wrote:
So because you say so, no one can dislike it?
Did I say that? No, I said "Meh".

Obviously "it deserves better" was an opinion, lets not start that again. We all state our opinions as facts sometimes, just as you did in the third quotation below.

"The industry is thriving, but not the bits I like, so it's doing terrible."
Well i'm not the only one that feels it needs saving. And the "bits" I like were more advanced than the new in design terms (Except graphics design), so yeah, so what?
DaveW wrote: New Vegas didn't really do anything new
It didn't do anything new? How many lines of text and dialogue are in the game for starters? In gameplay mechanics there may have not have been "dramatic innovations" (although there were dramatic improvements), but you cannot wave off all the writing as nothing new (or other fields of design for that matter).

That would be like me saying Deus Ex Human revolution didn't do anything new, since all of it's gameplay mechanics have been in other games before.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Cybernetic pig wrote:
DaveW wrote:New Vegas didn't really do anything new
It didn't do anything new? How many lines of text and dialogue are in the game for starters?
That's nothing new. Fallout 3 had many lines of text and dialogue too. That's a rather silly response. It didn't do anything new, even in comparison to Fallout 3.
Last edited by YeomanTheCastle on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

No, that's a silly response. All the writing is a HUGE part of the game.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

True, but it's nothing new. It's just text and dialogue.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

A modded Fallout 3 is okay-ish. Even then it's still not as good as New Vegas in my opinion though.

The Fallout: New Vegas DLCs add a bit to the game as well. I'm not saying they're a must buy or, with the exception of Old World Blues, that they reach any great heights, but they do add more to the over all story.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Cybernetic pig wrote: Did I say that? No, I said "Meh".
And then said it deserved better..so you are saying "your opinion of the game is invalid, it deserves better than you criticizing it".

So - yeah, you did say that.
Cybernetic pig wrote:Well i'm not the only one that feels it needs saving. And the "bits" I like were more advanced than the new in design terms (Except graphics design), so yeah, so what?
Even if the majority of people agreed with you (they don't), people are still buying lots of games so it is - by definition - thriving. Just because you and a small group of people don't like that - deal with it. I've told you this countless times; stop acting as if your minority opinion is that of the majority, and stop acting like a spoiled brat when 99% of the industry don't cater to the 1% that like the same games you do.
Cybernetic pig wrote: It didn't do anything new? How many lines of text and dialogue are in the game for starters? In gameplay mechanics there may have not have been "dramatic innovations" (although there were dramatic improvements), but you cannot wave off all the writing as nothing new (or other fields of design for that matter).
And there I was thinking they just repackaged Fallout 3 and called it New Vegas, how silly of me.

Hint: I am clearly aware there are new words in New Vegas. But the writing and gameplay are not significantly better or worse than Fallout 3 - they are in the same vein i.e. not different.
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

Well of course, you know that what I meant by "saving" was a gaming revolution sparked from a WS epic that causes more games I consider good to be made.
Soooo, the industry needs to be "saved" by the horror that is...not making games that cater to CP's wishes. How much more self absorbed can you get, seriously?
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

I didn't even notice that. That's amazing. You don't even imply it, CP, you explicitly say so in blue and white.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DaveW
What is with the personal attacks? Have I been rude to anybody? Perhaps I make you feel threatened? You are timid like a child.

You don't have authority over me you self-righteous prick. It is my opinion that modern games suck, and there is nothing wrong with me having a moan about that every now and then. And I thought moaning was something that old people do, stereotypically?
Still, prick.
VectorM wrote: Soooo, the industry needs to be "saved" by the horror that is...not making games that cater to CP's wishes. How much more self absorbed can you get, seriously?
Not you again. Back in full trolling form.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
Wow, we have "ITS AWESOME", "It's ok" and "Fucking boring".....Meh [-( .
You are the last person that should say this.
Not you again. Back in full trolling form
:roll: