New Shadow Masters

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Shadow Master
Thug

New Shadow Masters

Post by Shadow Master »

Hello everyone. :)

I have had this idea in my head for some time but I was wondering what you all would think about it.

As I should have mentioned before I am the Last Shadow Master. The Shadow Masters were a civilization of Game developers that were almost to the point of taring ourselves out of the Cage of what we call "reality". As I have said in the past this civilization was destroyed by "god".

"God" of course is not god but our internal tormentor. He keeps our souls trapped inside this cage called the universe to keep our inept power for himself and use it ageist his enemys; like in the Mortal Combat movie. (A vary poor example)

But whether you believe this or not is not why I am here. I am here because I need help...

You are all developers or soon to be developers of games. Games that could change the face of the earth and even reestablish the "Shadow Gate" freeing us from our internal tormentor.

I invite you to be a New Shadow Masters.

The New Shadow Masters are a group of people who all share a common feeling. Video Game Development shows us just how unreal our reality is, and how by simply pushing some key areas we can escape reality in our games. By this methodology we could make a game that is so good we can escape reality and exit the cage that has been forced on us.

We are the new generation of Game Developers dedicated to building video games that push the boundary's of people's understanding on reality. We fight to enhance humanity through our art. We are the believers who know that there is more to reality then what we see and were going to show it through our games.

If you are interested because you believe that theres more to reality then what you see. I know that you are already a Shadow in your hart. If you just won't to be a Shadow because it sounds cool. I welcome you too.

I am in no position to grant you into or out of the shadows, but it would still be nice to have a head count.

Email me at: lastshadowmaster@gmail.com

And I shall add your name to the list of Shadows... just as soon as I get that website up. :P

--------------------------------------------------
Note: This is not a cult, I am not asking for money. I simply would like to bring Game Developers together. If I have offended anyone (Including the Admin) I am sorry.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

That's funny. I was just reading an essay by Slavoj Žižek where he wonders if cyberspace will lead to people asking "What if RL (real life) is just another window?" (a graphical interface window).

For the purposes of my essay, does this matter?

I'm not a game developer. I've only made games in BASIC and Lingo.
Last edited by justanotherfan on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

LOL I'm down.

Do we get little bars to put in our signature saying. "I'm a Shadow Master bitches!" :lol:
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

You'd have to try harder to offend anyone here, I've tried and failed on numerous occasions.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm not a game developer. I totally support the idea though :D
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Sorry but this seems at odds with the goals of the Illuminati, so there's a clear conflict of interest here. Feel free to keep posting, but know that We will be watching you.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
daedulas
Thug

Post by daedulas »

The Men in Black are ready to apprehend the guy, when neccesary.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Seems to me like someone mis-interpreted Neuromancer. Yeah alright Cyberspace is a means of escaping reality I'll agree on that but honestly whats with all the mystic secret society crap?

I think its possible to yeah find that spiritual sense in Cyberpunk but honestly you've missed the point a bit. Didn't you learn anything from Scientology that any religion based on Science Fiction is most likely going to reach a form of commercial exploitation. There are already plenty of societies like this in the Video Game industry that basically do fuck all for the industry, I oppose them openly in debates because they seem to have this "favoritism" towards developers that produce nothing but crap and fail to acknowledge good developers.

We salute you oh mighty Zen monk of the holy game which is PONG! now go and reclaim the holy joystick in our honor! - /end Neuromancer Game reference.
Shadow Master
Thug

Post by Shadow Master »

It's not a religion.

Religions are good for a moment, a mere second in the time spend of the universe, but soon are overcome by corruption and misuse. Religion's are used to manipulate people into accepting there empty cage around them. Religions open peoples minds to accepting any input form anywhere and by doing so the people become slaves.

Terrorist groups use religion because it is the easiest way to manipulate people. Scientology is a religion used to entrap people under it's control and steal money. Wars have been fought in the name of religion because it was the essayist thing to rally the people under.

Religion is a tool to control!

How you may ask? Simply look at this. All religions have rules that one must abide by because the "goal" of religion is to make one's self a better person. By what standards dose religion have the right to tell you if your a good person or not?

One may say because "god" said so? Who is this "god?" I ask and who is he to tell me what to do?

Others may quote the bible, a book written by men! Not written by god, not any "illuminated" being but by men bent on the first thing that appealed to there lower nature... control!

Religion is the biggest lie in the world! People give into religion simply because they fear death. Death? Why did "god" give us death? Did he know that our fear of death would lead us into believing anything... god sees all and knows all. "God" uses death to force us to be in fear. We become gelable and will soon accept any answer. Religion offers answers that we accept and rules we must fallow. We cave to these answers and rules without question. We become easy to control and never ask why.

I hate religion.

Our goal is to destroy "Gods" grip on your soul; to put an end to this cage we call reality. I have a goal and it's not to control you.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

being an atheist is cool! :P /sarcasm

I already came up with my answer an its a lot more better and powerful than yours. For starters god didn't give us death, death is the result of absence, its never forced by some deity. Your hatred of religion is poorly placed as you have no idea how powerful a tool it is, sadly it seems to only sway the desperate. And secret societies exists merely as a means to make ones self better than the rest.

With regards to Scientology its more a corporation, its sells products and services. Yes of course they brainwash you with their religious propagation but it acts more like a corporation.

I have a goal and its not to control you? what with video games? didn't you watch the fucking matrix? such hyper-realities can be used also as a means of control.

You are not some revolutionary - people have had your ideas before. If you had even the slightest idea what the hell kind of essays you were writing you'd realize that all knowledge us based on what has already been done, and you are merely copying, mimicking and reacting to it.

Your ideas of Hyper reality are UTTERLY flawed and based on what Cyberpunk had already established that the virtual world will never be able to resolve the issues of the REAL world.

Further more what games have you developed that suddenly make you better than anyone else? I actually work in the industry so I want to see your proof that you actually develop games.

You are flawed in your own right, claiming that if others quote the bible they are flawed.. You sir are flawed as all I can see is a guy who based his logic on science fiction or possibly the Simulated Reality theorem.

Regardless you make a poor argument in my opinion. No rhetoric for me to even pay attention to.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Christ, guys, could you try maybe using a bit more words to say absolutely freaking nothing?

Everybody please just accept that Mr. Cyberpunk is always right and that anybody who disagrees with him is universally wrong, and then we can get back to the crazy ranting person who may or may not be an elaborate April fools joke. k?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by NVShacker »

Oh, he's definitely joking and I leave it to CP to not only miss that but also reference cyberpunk when talking about his wordview for some reason.
NVShacker
Are you still there?
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Ready Aim Fire! ;) hey I was stressed out at work, I needed to vent.

should also be noted he posted the day before.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

He's posted several days before April 1, that's why I'd call it elaborate. We'll see if it's specifically an April fools or just a general joke :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Given the nature of the spelling mistakes, and the fact that Dead-eye is usually around to reply when Shadow Master is posting, I suspect an elaborate April fools. Time will tell :P
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

You're thinking of our old dead friend Tonnochi EER.

I dunno, the fact that he posted on the 30th still makes me think he was being serious. If that is the case then my flame was at least useful in that it pissed some wack job off :D if not then I succeeded in pissing off Jonas and its all WIN! :D /salvage.