Cost to get hot water from tankless coil in boiler

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

AlexTinny
Thug

Cost to get hot water from tankless coil in boiler

Post by AlexTinny »

I had the tankless coil on the boiler disabled some years ago in order to install an electric water heater. Reason: at that time oil was expensive and electricity was cheap. Now both are expensive.

The 53-gallon electric water heater is now turned off to save electricity. I'd like to calculate the cost to get hot water from the tankless coil and compare this to other ways of getting hot water. How can I calculate this?

My average hot water need: about 5 gallons per day for one shower and washing dishes. About 15 minutes a day.
CashiWaku
UNATCO

Re: Cost to get hot water from tankless coil in boiler

Post by CashiWaku »

My tap, roughly 8 meters from the combi-boiler, takes a while to receive hot water.
Rob55
UNATCO

Re: Cost to get hot water from tankless coil in boiler

Post by Rob55 »

Why is the coil broken? There is probably nothing wrong with it if it is not leaking. However, regular cleaning is required. When you replace the wave, you might wish to purchase a water softener if it's clogged with hard water deposits. As a matter of fact, I used valleypacific.ca for that. Additionally, it was only 82% efficient at first. It's less now. Additionally, it is 12 years old, and its life expectancy is short. Since the cost of new boilers is up by about 95%, you might want to consider replacing it if you have to spend $1000 on it. I'm not sure if the cost you quoted is high or not.