Dentist Woes!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CashiWaku
UNATCO

Dentist Woes!

Post by CashiWaku »

I hate going to the dentist. No, hate is not strong enough. I loathe and despise going to the dentist with the heat of a thousand nuclear warheads. I would rather go to the gynecologist once a month for a year rather than a dentist once.

I have a cavity and need to go get it taken care of tomorrow. I'm sure they will have to inject me three or four times with novacaine because for some reason, I have issues with the numbing stuff not working well (dentist explained it to me but I was too doped up to understand). I always leave with a splitting headache and a huge hole in my bank account.

I think tomorrow I'm going to use the nitrous oxide. My daughter does this and she says it's so relaxing, you really don't care what they're doing.

I inherited my mother's bad teeth, so I've had two root canals and several cavities and teeth even breaking throughout my lifetime. My dad is going to be getting dentures (though I think that's more related to a med he is on for diabetes).

Anyone else have a dentist phobia?
RasySumka
Thug

Re: Dentist Woes!

Post by RasySumka »

A high-quality toothbrush will have soft bristles that can reach all the nooks and crannies around your braces and remove plaque
AlexTinny
Thug

Re: Dentist Woes!

Post by AlexTinny »

The action of a local anesthetic is provided by its introduction to a certain place near the nerves. However, some people have a non-standard structure and location of the nerves. In such situations, additional injections of the anesthetic solution into other areas are required. Moreover, with a panic fear of dental treatment, the production of anxiety hormones that prevent the action of anesthetics increases. People with this feature are advised to take sedatives before visiting the dentist. I also recently had cavities treated at https://jeffreygrossdds.com/services/invisible-orthodontics-lake-county-ohio/, and I'm terribly afraid when someone gets into my mouth, so the first appointment was not successful, and I felt pain even with anesthesia. The next time they gave me a sedative, injected anesthesia, and everything was pretty painless.