OpenTTD via Proxy

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CashiWaku
UNATCO

OpenTTD via Proxy

Post by CashiWaku »

Hello,

in former times I was able to tunnel OpenTTD multiplay games through socks proxy.
I used openttd.exe -n IP_port#companyID to connect to my server.

Now I installed OpenTTD 1.7.1 and this does not work any longer - It hangs when loading the GRF's and there is no incoming connection on the server.
When I try openttd.exe -l IP:port I can see an incoming connection on the server.

Does OpenTTD 1.7.1 not run only via TCP now?
In former times Multiplayer games through TCP were possible (except finding servers in game, but this can be solved with -n IP:port).

Is this a known problem?
AlexTinny
Thug

Re: OpenTTD via Proxy

Post by AlexTinny »

Hi! I think a certain program is needed for a proxy or VPN
RasySumka
Thug

Re: OpenTTD via Proxy

Post by RasySumka »

Hey buddy! Your problem is quite common, so don't worry about it, it's also easily solved, so now I'll explain to you what needs to be done. I read how a proxy works on one forum https://soax.com/geoproxy-extension-firefox and now I can tell you what the problem is. You used to use a VPS and could access the game you were playing. Now this version of the VPS that you are using is not suitable for the game client and therefore, instead of launching, you have a long loading screen without any further actions. You need to choose a VPS version that will be suitable for your game, so Google on the Internet which version you need. Good luck friend, I hope you will succeed!