aperture settings for camera lens on cooled cmos cam

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

dagmaparty
Thug

aperture settings for camera lens on cooled cmos cam

Post by dagmaparty »

I've just got an adapter to connect my canon camera lenses with my fairly new QHY268C. Never done this before as there wasn't enough backfocus to use my Canon lenses with my previous FLI camera plus filter wheel.

Silly question perhaps and something I hadn't thought about before, but how do you control aperture settings? If you set the required aperture when it's attached to the Canon camera body, will it remain at this f/stop when transferred to the QHY?
Rob55
UNATCO

Re: aperture settings for camera lens on cooled cmos cam

Post by Rob55 »

Yes, in my opinion, there are threads on this forum where cameras are sold, so I don't know why you don't know about it yet.
CashiWaku
UNATCO

Re: aperture settings for camera lens on cooled cmos cam

Post by CashiWaku »

Wow, you got a QHY268C, it's a great lens, and as far as I know it's expensive, so you should look at the guides on YouTube on how to set it up correctly, because it's not as easy as it seems. Also, since you are a beginner, I advise you to read interesting articles about framing and other camera settings on this site -- lensespro.org. I recently also bought myself a new Canon camera and am a beginner, but thanks to some information from this site, my knowledge of photography is growing every day.