What's App video and audio calling blocked (whatsapp)

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CashiWaku
UNATCO

What's App video and audio calling blocked (whatsapp)

Post by CashiWaku »

Hello,

I have a very weird issue on an OPNsense firewall. What's App works for text but when initiating a call, either audio or video, the recipient phone rings, but when picking up the call, it fails to establish the p2p connection and times out. It happens when calling from inside to outside and the other way around.

If the devices are connected on the network, behind the firewall it works. If one is outside the network it fails most of the time BUT not every time ...

Nothing really fancy in the configuration, Web proxy, OpenVPN, IPsec, and some port redirections for a mail server, an HTTP/S server and a STUN (coturn). The bandwidth is 300mbps symmetrical, optical fiber.

I tried pluging in a simple hardware router/DSL modem, and it works as intended this way.

I am stuck.
SkadeMetty
Mole Person

Re: What's App video and audio calling blocked (whatsapp)

Post by SkadeMetty »

Hello, yep of course i agree with you, thx for sharing this !
MehaHenry
Mole Person

Post by MehaHenry »

Hi! It's pretty frustrating to not be able to fix the problem. The thing you can check is the bandwidth. Audio and video calls require a lot of bandwidth, so make sure you have enough bandwidth to support the calls.
It's worth noting that free calls service like freetring.com may be an alternative solution for you as well.
If you continue to have issues, I would recommend checking the logs on the firewall and other network devices for more information and reach out to the vendor for support.
If you need more help or have any other questions, let me know.
sew3
Thug

Post by sew3 »

WhatsApp groups can be beneficial for organizations and businesses. They can be used for internal communication, team coordination, and sharing company updates. It helps in improving overall productivity and streamlining communication within the organization with https://societieslink.com/.