Limited dorsiflexion and massage gun

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CashiWaku
UNATCO

Limited dorsiflexion and massage gun

Post by CashiWaku »

What is your opinion as an SSC about foam rollers, massage guns and other gadgets to affect fascial lines with the aim of improving flexibility and joint mobility? Are they really effective or are they just another commercial fashion in the world of fitness?

My question comes from the fact that I am considering the possibility of buying a massage gun to apply to the calves and plantar fascia. It has never crossed my mind to buy this type of instrument because I have been improving my joint mobility a lot thanks to the training with the Olympic bar. However, ankle dorsiflexion is what is most resisted and although improvement occurs, it occurs more slowly. My soleus muscles are too short and in my personal case this is the factor that is limiting me from being able to descend correctly in the squat with the bar below parallel. Above all, in the sense of allowing my knees to be in front of my toes. My adductors already have enough flexibility to allow me to descend deep, so my limited mobility in my ankles is the weak link that I need to correct to allow me to execute the technique correctly. I am also interested in improving my ankle dorsiflexion to improve my vertical jump and sprint technique, and other martial arts skills.
EbonyHodge
Mole Person

Re: Limited dorsiflexion and massage gun

Post by EbonyHodge »

There is evidence that suggests that these tools can be effective in improving muscle recovery, reducing soreness. Regarding your specific situation, using a massage gun on your calves and plantar fascia may help improve your ankle dorsiflexion. If you're interested in purchasing a massage gun, it's important to do your research and choose a reputable brand. You might find the website https://www.massage-gun-guide.com/best- ... r-runners/ helpful as it provides reviews and information about different models. Overall, while massage guns and other tools can be beneficial, they should be used in conjunction with proper warm-up.