Yellow mold on plants

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

findcarmailer
Mole Person

Yellow mold on plants

Post by findcarmailer »

It is important to keep yellow mold on plants out of the soil in your home garden as it can cause damage to plants and other organisms in your garden. Yellow mold, or Rhizoctonia solani, is a type of fungus that can quickly spread throughout the soil. Once it has taken hold, it can prevent water and air from reaching plant roots, stunt growth, and even kill some plants. Furthermore, this kind of fungus can reduce crop yields by interfering with pollination or depleting nutrition in the soil. Keeping yellow mold out of your garden is key to maintaining a healthy environment for all organisms living there.
HeatherPrice
Mole Person

Re: Yellow mold on plants

Post by HeatherPrice »

Thanks a lot for the info. I have while mold on my plants in the backyard. Is it OK or not?
SaraGeorge
Mole Person

Re: Yellow mold on plants

Post by SaraGeorge »

Hey. It's definitely not okay. You should get rid of that ASAP. One suggestion is to try using a fungicide to kill off the mold. Have you tried that yet? By the way, I'm new on this forum, so I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but you might want to consider consulting with some landscape designers. They can give you some great advice on how to prevent mold from growing on your plants in the future. Plus, they can help you design a killer backyard setup that will make all your friends jealous.