Where to shop for men’s riding clothes

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

KennTober
Thug

Where to shop for men’s riding clothes

Post by KennTober »

Posting this in off course to hopefully get the widest demographic. Where do guys who ride shop? My hubby is always bitter that there are so many options of quality breeches or show shirts from me to choose from (and bargin shop for, since we do appreciate quality but having two riders who show is pricy)

We debated even starting a blog or writing articles about this in case there are other people out there with this problem. If I want a new pair of breeches, or curious about a shirt or brand of boots, I do a search, find COTH discussions, find a blog, find a review article. If my husband wants to know, he has to somehow find a store that sells it, go see if its in driving distance, or order and hope for a good return policy.

He had a Male coach for awhile, who always had the same problem, but with him showing hunters, and being the typical Male rider shape, it was easier. Mine played international volleyball for years and while he doesn’t have the height of most (played defensive position in the back), he had tree trunk legs for most of his life. Now that he primarily runs/rides, he still has muscular quads, just not as bad as before, and a small waist. Breeches like struck, that are supposed to fit guys like him? He had to go up 2 waist sizes for it not to be indecent.

It’s not that he needs to be a fashion plate. He just wants to find options to try. He wants to know which brands are good, which fit for certain body types, etc.

Is there anyone or anything filling this market space? (Which is decidedly small)
CashiWaku
UNATCO

Re: Where to shop for men’s riding clothes

Post by CashiWaku »

Dover Saddlery - specializes in equestrian gear, including riding clothes for men. They offer a wide selection of breeches, jodhpurs, jackets, and riding boots.
SuperMarioD
Mole Person

Post by SuperMarioD »

Hey there! If you're in the market for men's riding clothes, there are plenty of great options out there to choose from. It really depends on your personal style and preferences.

However, if you're looking for some seriously stylish and high-end options, you might want to check out Gentlemans Guru's collection of wedding tuxedos https://www.gentlemansguru.com/product- ... g-tuxedos/. While they might not be specifically designed for riding, they're definitely built to make a statement and turn heads.
Tyrtyfipol
Thug

Post by Tyrtyfipol »

It's totally understandable that finding the right riding gear can be a bit of a challenge, especially for guys.
Yusufsuleman
Mole Person

Post by Yusufsuleman »

It sounds like your husband's on a quest for the perfect breeches that fit like a glove and give him that rider confidence. I feel you on the cost aspect too – quality gear can be quite an investment.You know, there's this one online store I came across recently. They've got some pretty cool base outfits that might just be what your husband's looking for. They're all about quality without breaking the bank, and I've heard they've got options for different body types. So maybe it's worth checking out for some riding gear insights and options? Give them a look at https://www.sedley.com. Hope this helps him find his riding style.
seoexpert21
Thug

Post by seoexpert21 »

I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. black hellstar hoodie
valeriecruz
Mole Person

Post by valeriecruz »

Man, I hear your struggle! It's a whole different ball game finding quality riding gear for guys, right? It's like the options are slim pickings compared to what's out there for the ladies. My buddy's always griping about the same thing. It's not about being a fashionista, just wanting gear that fits right and feels good.
But hey, if you're still on the hunt, I came across this site called Gentleman's Guru that might have some solid options for riding gear. They've got a range of stuff, including tuxedos if you're ever in the market for one: https://www.gentlemansguru.com/ . Might be worth a look to see if they've got anything for the hubby's riding needs.