P3D calibration is bringing up native pc "game controllers" calibration outside of P3D and not allowing any calibration

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

AnemKisku
Thug

P3D calibration is bringing up native pc "game controllers" calibration outside of P3D and not allowing any calibration

Post by AnemKisku »

I know this should be a P3D type of forum question. But, all the smart people are here.

P3D calibration button is bringing up the native pc "game controllers" calibration pop up box,
outside of P3D and not allowing any calibration even from that native calibration pop up box.

I tried re installing P3D. No fix.

I have looked all over P3D to try to find where I might have inadvertently clicked some control box making the
P3D Calibrate button bring up the native PC "game controllers" pop up box, (which the native pc popup doesn't work),
and haven't found any click boxes checked to tell P3D calibration button to open the PC Game Contollers
pop up box.

I do have FSUIPC installed but, I have not really found a use for FSUIPC or easy instructions to use it for a laymen like me.
The P3D calibration tools worked very well long after the FSUIPC install.

All my physical control stops are all out of place.

Anyone experienced this? What did I do wrong.

It is a very new high end ALien computer built up specifically for this game.
Been working well for months. Computer about a 1 1/2 old at most. And only been used basically for this game
and I have been very careful with updates. Demographics: 53 yr old A&P IA guy working as a pilot for a living, fly my own small airplanes at home, and usually pretty good with
not messing up computers and installing the airplane / sim files.

Just rechecked A2A updates and working on rechecking all other application updates including Alienware, FSUIPC, P3D, etc anything I can find.
I have been trying to figure this out on and off for 2 months'
jenkinslord
Thug

Re: P3D calibration is bringing up native pc "game controllers" calibration outside of P3D and not allowing any calibrat

Post by jenkinslord »

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the P3D calibration button and haven't been able to find a solution yet. It can be frustrating when technology doesn't work the way we want it to.
bardaham
Thug

Re: P3D calibration is bringing up native pc "game controllers" calibration outside of P3D and not allowing any calibrat

Post by bardaham »

I'm not an expert in this area, but it sounds like you've already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps. Hopefully, someone in this forum can offer some advice that will help you get everything calibrated correctly.

In the meantime, if you're looking for a break from all the tech stuff, you might want to check out this review of Bingo Cash: https://joywallet.com/article/bingo-cash-review/. It's always nice to have a fun distraction when you're dealing with technical issues.

Good luck with everything, and I hope you're able to get your P3D calibration working soon!