Weightlifting Shoes and Heels Rising

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CashiWaku
UNATCO

Weightlifting Shoes and Heels Rising

Post by CashiWaku »

So I've had the Powerlift 4 for a while now. When I bought them off the store, they recommended going 1 size up or so from your normal size. So I did, and they're definitely bigger, and are literally slip on and off. That's great and all for convenience sake, but I'm guessing it is what causes my heels to rise a bit. Just a little bit; it's small, and will not go away. That last part is corroborated by all the various forms and cues and tweaks that didn't do anything.

For some perspective that it isn't because of dorsiflexion, I also have footage that I looked at of me squatting barefoot a mile below parallel. There was no heel rising at all. And I also found I wasn't the only one who had a problem with these shoes. Guy probably got oversized ones per direction.

It hasn't been a full year, let alone a year of actual training, and I'm not a strength athlete or whatever. I wouldn't say they've "paid for themselves" so fast. What do I gain from getting a new weightlifting shoe that glues my heel to the ground? If it's 5 lbs for a work set of 10 reps, that probably isn't worth new shoes. On the other hand, every time I look at the back of the foot come off the ground... I think that that's dozens and dozens of lbs stolen from me. All the time spent on this heel thing has been driven me to neurosis; it's time to take the next step with these damn shoes; small difference, no new shoes vs big difference, get new shoes.
AmosLewis
Thug

Re: Weightlifting Shoes and Heels Rising

Post by AmosLewis »

Hey there! It's great that you're taking up jogging as part of your fitness routine. I can understand why you'd be concerned about wearing your badminton shoes for jogging, especially if your jogging route is rough and might damage the shoes.
MaynDevou
Mole Person

Re: Weightlifting Shoes and Heels Rising

Post by MaynDevou »

"It's great that you've tried various forms and cues to fix it, but sometimes the shoes just don't work for our individual needs. And it's frustrating when you feel like you're losing out on valuable gains because of it.

Have you considered investing in a new pair of weightlifting shoes that can better glue your heel to the ground? It might make a big difference in your lifts and help ease some of that neurosis you're feeling. Of course, it's up to you to weigh the cost-benefit ratio, but it could be worth it in the long run.

On a different note, have you ever looked into cricket shoes for men? I've heard there are some great options out there for those who play the sport."