Home Forums Keirsey Temperament Forums NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers INFP Forum - The Ideal

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DamienVee
Thug

Home Forums Keirsey Temperament Forums NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers INFP Forum - The Ideal

Post by DamienVee »

Does this sound like a dumb idea?

I'm concerned about the crisis in Yemen. The UN is calling it the "worst humanitarian crisis" in decades.

So, I want to try and help in a small way. I'm quite good at fanfiction so I thought maybe I could open myself up to receiving prompts and requests. In exchange readers can either make a donation to a charity which will help the people of Yemen or they can help spread awareness of the crisis.

I'm not a popular author, so I may not receive any requests at all. Also, people use fanfiction as an escape and so may want not to be reminded of the real world. I would like to try it though just to feel that I am at least trying to help others.
Devilyaka
Mole Person

Re: Home Forums Keirsey Temperament Forums NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers INFP Forum - The Ideal

Post by Devilyaka »

IMO, your idea of using fanfiction to raise money and awareness for charity is fantastic! It's a creative and meaningful way to contribute to a cause you care about. Even if you're not a popular author, people always appreciate and enjoy fanfiction. You never know who might be interested in your work and willing to support the cause.
If you're looking for donation solutions for the charity, consider exploring www.payacharity.com. They specialize in contactless giving and can help you streamline the donation process.