Facebook t-shirt Scams WATCH OUT!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CashiWaku
UNATCO

Facebook t-shirt Scams WATCH OUT!

Post by CashiWaku »

This was being discussed on HeroQuestFans discord... apparently some individuals have been posting and forwarding pictures of various homebrew HeroQuest T-shirts in click-bait posts (most designs that have been around for years, on amazon and other places, unofficial of course) and under the picture there is a note saying "I want this" or some variant. Apparently they are scams and shouldn't be clicked on, forwarded, etc.

Just wanted to pass along this warning, especially for those in the HeroQuest facebook groups. You can buy these shirts fairly cheaply through legit sellers rather than through these spam/scam links. You can make them yourself very cheap (they're unofficial anyway, Hasbro doesn't get a dime for them) via t-shirt printing pages (that "Uncle Zargon Wants You" shirt I made myself based on ideas from this forum and it was just for me and a friend, didn't mass produce them).

We're asking that these links be reported to Facebook (or whatever moderators of the site on which they appear).

seekhashem wrote:
Hey… for everyone on Facebook…
Just a warning. I’ve been seen a lot of posts lately on the HQ FB groups with HeroQuest T-shirts for sale. They usually have a “comment ‘I want it’,” and a suspicious URL. This is a scam. They are posted on all kinds of different fan communities by bots that create imagery based on that fan community and are designed to get you to enter your credit card information. Don’t fall for it! Make sure you’re only buying from trustworthy websites!
Report these posts if you see them….
MaddyFar
Mole Person

Re: Facebook t-shirt Scams WATCH OUT!

Post by MaddyFar »

Thanks for the heads up about these spam/scam links for HeroQuest t-shirts. It's always good to be cautious and avoid falling for such tricks. Buying from legit sellers or making them yourself is definitely the way to go. I've heard great things about Mato & Hash for custom embroidery, so that is a good option for anyone looking to make their own HeroQuest shirts. Plus, it's always fun to get creative and make something unique! Thanks again for sharing this warning, and I hope everyone stays safe while enjoying their HeroQuest gear.
emmausa
Mole Person

Post by emmausa »

I have read your post very carefully and I just want to say that the information aa route planner you shared is really great and I have learned a lot from it.
jeffreestar
Thug

Post by jeffreestar »

Thank you for passing along this warning! It's important for communities to be aware of potential scams and to take precautions that's not my neighbor when encountering suspicious links or offers, especially when it involves financial transactions.