Alcohol and collagen

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

RomeAlive
Thug

Alcohol and collagen

Post by RomeAlive »

Anyone think drinking regularly (like having a couple of drinks on weekend nights) can have a detrimental enough effect on tissue to cause hernia related issues? Google of course tells me alcohol use can deplete vitamins and such and weaken tissue. But not sure to what extent this should be a consideration for those of us with hernia issues. I’d give up droning forever if I though it’d make an appreciable difference.
KeliaDracu
NSF

Re: Alcohol and collagen

Post by KeliaDracu »

Tobacco and alcohol, together with diabetes mellitus, cause a re-modeling in the cremaster muscle, leading to a loss of support or structural alteration in this region, being able to intensify the occurrences and damages related to the inguinal hernias.
BriCheese
Thug

Re: Alcohol and collagen

Post by BriCheese »

I've just stumbled upon this thread from a year ago and thought I'd jump in. If you were worried about the potential effects of regular drinking on tissue and hernia-related issues, I hope you've found some answers since then.
While alcohol can deplete vitamins and weaken tissue, it's essential to remember that everyone's body reacts differently. If you're still concerned, it's always a good idea to consult with a medical professional who can provide personalized advice based on your specific situation.
By the way, if you're looking for more information on the effects of alcohol on tissue and vitamins, you might find this resource from fherehab.com helpful. Remember, it's crucial to prioritize your health and well-being.